How to make curry
RECIPE OF CURRY
What are the curry ingredients?
We can use the follow ingredients to make curry:
- Jamaica peppercorns
- Black mustard seed
- Black peppercorns
- Roasted cumin
- Grains of coriander
- Roasted fennel
How is carry prepared?
- Toast the previous kernels in a pan, without oil or any fat, over mediumlow fire:
- Remove the pan constantly so that the spices do not become burned and so as they can be well toasted. It is preferable to use low heat and a nonstick pan. This process can take 1520 minutes.
- Remove from heat when the spices are toasted.
- Add turmeric powder (abundant), fenugreek powder and ginger powder. Fenugreek adds a bitter taste, so it should be used moderately.
- Grind all ingredients in a mortar or a coffee grinder, until a fine powder is obtained.
Many variations to use curry
Brussels sprouts with curry sauce, freshly cooked in the oven.
Curry can also be prepared with garlic powder, anise seed, celery seed, cinnamon, cardamom (essential ingredient in Indonesian curry), cloves, cubeb pepper, grains of paradise, dried bay leaves, mustard seeds, Indian nutmeg, cayenne pepper, Guinea pepper, long pepper grains, Java peppercorns, Sichuan pepper fruits, berries, tamarind, etc..:
There is a universe of flavors to discover and match!
Discover all the spices that can spice up your kitchen!
* Related information: curry properties