What is dal?
Dal is a very common Hindu typical recipe, used as an appetizer or as main course. In some regions it is crushed and consumed pureed as hummus.
Properties of dal
Cumin gives a very distinctive flavor to the recipe, very warm and fragrant. (Please use with small amounts and increase according to taste)
How to prepare dal
- 1 cup of pink variety lentils
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth (same proportion as lentils)
- 1 onion, cut into cubes
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- � teaspoon cumin
- Wash, peel and cut all ingredients.
- Saute the onion with a little oil and salt, 5 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Add the carrots cut into small cubes.
- Cook with lid for 5 minutes.
- Add turmeric and cumin spices.
- Pour a glass of water and lentils.
- Cook for 3 minutes and serve
When to serve it?
- Serve as a main dish.
More information about turmeric recipes and properties in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.