REMEDIES FOR CUTS
Remedies for healing cuts
HOME REMEDIES FOR CUTS
How to cure cuts?
Phytotherapy: Herbal remedies for cuts
The use of herbal medicine in the treatment of cuts will involve the use of a number of medicinal plants seeking the following objectives:
External treatment of cuts
Among all the plants that we could use to treat cuts, we can distinguish the following: (Most of these treatment include topical application of essential oils. Remember not to apply undiluted essential oils on the skin)
- Guanabana or soursop (Annona muricata) Scientific studies have found that soursop leaves, traditionally used to heal wounds, have curative properties.
- Aloe (Aloe vera) Aloe The aloe juice has antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, moisturizing and regenerative properties. Applied to the skin, it becomes one of the best remedies for healing cuts, wounds, sores, ulcers, burns, insect bites and so on. hence it enters in the composition of many creams for skin care (You can use the gel from fresh leaves that is obtained by cutting a sheet with a sharp knife. Press the leave to obtain the required juice and apply it on the cut) (You can also apply aloe gel preparation to the affected area. This product is available in pharmacies and health food stores)
- Tarragon: (Artemisia dracunculus) Tarragon is named after its analgesic value and because it is able to disinfect wounds. (Apply the liquid from the decoction of four teaspoons of dried leaves per liter of water)
- Meadowsweet (Filipendula ulmaria) Menstrual pain can be treated with flowers infusion. (Infusion of 2 teaspoons of flowers, twice daily. Do not reach boiling not to destroy the salicylic acid present in flowers).
Meadowsweet flowers still in bloom
- Goldenrod (Solidago virgaurea) Because of tannis, this plant is used to clean wounds and improve healing. (Compresses. 50-100g decoction of dried plant per liter of water, cool, strain, and apply to the skin)
St. John's wort
- Agrimony (Agrimonia eupatoria) Agrimony is an excellent vulnerary for healing wounds, scratches, cuts, punctures, minor burns, and so on. (Crush some fresh leaves and apply them as a compress on the wound)
- Sage: (Salvia officinalis) It is very useful to heal cuts, promote healing and prevent the wounds to be infected. (Compresses with maceration of 20 g. of leaves in ¾ liter of water or fresh plant applied on wounds)
- Dragon fruit (Hylocereus undatus) The sap of the plant is used locally to favour cicatrization
- Tomato (Solanum licopersicum) It can aid wounds healing and lowers inflammation. (Crush a tomato leaf and apply it as a poultice on the wound. The fruit also has similar properties)
Internal treatment of cuts
Some plants remedies can be taken internally to foster body resistance to microorganisms, preventing wounds to become infected. (See more information about how to increase your immune system)
* Related information: How to treat an infected cut
More information about cuts and other wounds and its natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.