What fruits can be eaten to solve constipation?
FRUITS AS A WAY TO SOLVE CONSTIPATION
Why to eat fruit if you have constipation?
Fruits and vegetables must be present in the diet for different important reasons:
- Fruits are very rich in soluble fiber: One of reasons is that they are foods rich in soluble fiber, which is the one that will best help to normalize the intestinal rhythm and to avoid constipation.
- Fruits contain a lot of antioxidants: Another very important reason to introduce enough fruits and vegetables daily is because of its high antioxidant content (vitamin C, vitamin E, flavonoids, tannins, etc.). For this it is important to consume a large part of the raw vegetables, since part of the antioxidants are lost in cooking.
It has been proven how antioxidants prevent or diminish the intestinal formation of carcinogenic substances such as nitrosamines, and fiber reduces the permanence of these components in the intestine.
For this reason eating fruits and vegetables, besides avoiding constipation, reduces the risk of colon cancer.
What fruits are specially indicated for people with constipation?
Among the most interesting fruits we have the following:
- Apples for constipation: Its high content of pectins, a type of soluble fiber, make them a good regulator of the intestine apparatus, so that they are a mild laxative in cases of constipation, especially when eaten in the early hours of the morning.
- Plums for constipation: They are one of the best food for constipation. There are very wellknown recipes to treat constipation which include plums.
- Carrots for constipation : Although they are not fruits. They are one of the best foods as intestinal regulators, equally able to avoid constipation, as at the same time, for its richness in pectins, soothing diarrhea. (Cream of carrot, raw carrot, etc.)
How much fruit should we eat a day to avoid constipation?
- It is recommended to eat about 5 servings of fruit and vegetables every day, between salads, vegetable creams, garnishes, fruit between meals, etc..
- The ingestion of fiber should be accompanied by water. To add more antioxidants to the diet, from time to time, we can squeeze half a lemon in the drinking water.
* Related information:
More information on irritable colon and its natural treatment.