COMPOSITION OF BUCKWHEAT
Which components does buckwheat contain?
- Carbohydrates: Buckwheat contains mainly carbohydrates, in the form of starches, which give it thickening properties.
- Protein: specially lysine, deficient amino acid in all cereals, and methionine, limiting amino acid in legumes.
- Fat: Buckwheat contains very little fat, which makes it a very healthy food for people with vascular problems and cholesterol.
- Fiber: Buckwheat is very rich in fiber
- Vitamins: specially niacin, folic acid, pantothenic acid, and to a lesser extent, other vitamins in foods rich in carbohydrates, such as thiamine and riboflavin.
- Minerals: Being high in potassium and low in sodium, it is diuretic. It also contains selenium, a powerful antioxidant also present in milk.
|COMPOSITION OF BUCKWHEAT GRAIN PER 100 g|
|From whom, saturated (g)||0,74|
|from whom, unsaturated (g)||1,04|
|from whom, polyunsaturated (g)||1,04|
|Vitamin B1 or thiamin (mg)||0,10|
|Vitamin B2 or riboflavin (mg)||0,43|
|Vitamin B3 or niacin (mg)||7,02|
|Vitamin B5 or pantothenic acid (mg)||1,23|
|Vitamin B9 or folic acid (mcg)||30|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0,00|
|Vitamin E (mg)||1,03|
More information about buckwheat
30 September, 2021