- 1 How to prepare a high performance vegetarian salad
- 1.1 Benefits of a single vegetable salad
- 1.2 Why to add rich-carbohydrate food to a vegetable salad?
- 1.3 What are the main nutritional properties of a salad with chickpeas?
- 1.4 A vegetable salad for sport performance and other benefits
- 1.5 HOW TO MAKE A CHICKPEAS SALAD RECIPE
- 1.6 Ingredients for a chickpeas salad
- 1.7 Preparation of a cheekpeas salad
- 1.8 How to use a chickpeas salad
How to prepare a high performance vegetarian salad
Benefits of a single vegetable salad
This is because, in these cases, it is tried to reduce the contribution of foods with carbohydrates.
Vegetables, located at the base of the food pyramid, are essential in every healthy diet, and can not be lacking in the diet. If we want to reduce the total caloric intake of the diet, this is a good way.
Why to add rich-carbohydrate food to a vegetable salad?
Adding rich-carbohydrate foods, such as chickpeas, corn, rice or couscous…, in diets helps prevent the yo-yo effect after many diets. Additionally, complex carbohydrates are very interesting when your body requires long lasting energy to work properly, something which is necessary in sport practice, hard work, continuous playing and other similar activities.
What are the main nutritional properties of a salad with chickpeas?
This type of salad contributes mainly with the following:
- Vegetables in the salad are rich in fiber, vitamin C and folic acid. They also give us valuable flavonoids, with health properties. We speak of tomato lycopene, so healthy for the heart; or lettuce betacarotenes that protect and care for skin health.
- Chickpeas provide energy, vegetable proteins and many minerals. They are rich in magnesium, which is the second mineral constituent of bones, and has great importance as a muscle relaxant. Chickpeas also contain lecithin, a component that helps reduce bad cholesterol.
A vegetable salad for sport performance and other benefits
For all these properties, salad with chickpeas (or other legume, such as lentils) is a very suitable accompaniment for athletes, who can supplement their protein intake by adding legumes to their salads.
Chickpeas are also a very rich food in minerals (more than cereals like rice), which empowers them for people with rheumatic diseases, osteoporosis, fibromyalgia, arthritis and in cases of nervousness.
It can also be a perfect accompaniment to any balanced diet for children, as adding chickpeas to our salads provides healthy energy and all its health benefits.
HOW TO MAKE A CHICKPEAS SALAD RECIPE
Photo of chickpeas salad
Ingredients for a chickpeas salad
- Lettuce or endive (30 g)
- Leaves of arugula or other wild herbs (about 10 g)
- 1 tomato
- Cheese tacos (30 g aprox.)
- Cooked chickpeas (about 50 g)
- Dressing with olive oil
Preparation of a cheekpeas salad
- Wash all vegetables.
- Cut the leaves of lettuce and arugula for the salad. Mix them.
- Cut the tomato into quarters
- Place the lettuce and the arugula in a dish or dish.
- On top, arrange the cheese tacos and the cut tomato.
- Add the chickpeas.
- Serve as a starter or accompaniment.
How to use a chickpeas salad
Eat it as a first dish for lunch
More recipes and information on chickpeas.
22 April, 2019