Why is wheat germ oil good for hair?
Wheat germ oil has a number of characteristics that make it suitable for hair care. Among all of them we can mention the following:
- Antialopecic: Wheat germ oil contains components that can prevent or delay hair loss. Among them we have oleic acid, linoleic acid and palmitic acid.
- Vasodilator: The high content of vitamin E, in the form of tocopherols, provides vasodilator properties that promote greater blood flow to the hair follicle. This contributes to a supply of nutrients to the scalp
- Anti-dandruff: Sunflower oil contains allantoin a component against dandruff.
- Antibacterial: Wheat seed is very antibacterial components so, used in shampoos or hair products, it will help keep the scalp free of microorganisms that can alter its state.
- Antipruritic: The antipruritic properties conferred by glycine and menthol are suitable to prevent itching of the scalp, something very common in hair problems such as dandruff or seborrhea.
- Moisturizer: Like the rest of vegetable oils, it is a good moisturizer of the scalp and hair leather. Its application will favor a better manipulation of the hair to which it will confer softness. This will result in less daily hair loss and a better condition of the hair follicle.
Hair preparations with wheat germ oil
Among the many prepared with sunflower oil, we have, for example:
– Mask for damaged tips
How to make a hair mask for damaged tips
- A spoonful of yogurt
- tablespoon wheat germ oil
- Neutral shampoo (Shampoo for children)
- Mix the yogurt well with the wheat germ oil
- Wash your hair well with a neutral shampoo
- Rinse lightly with warm water
- Apply a mask with yogurt and wheat germ oil. Leave on for half an hour.
- Rinse well with warm water
Some applications of wheat germ oil
More information on wheat germ oil
20 January, 2020