How to prepare beet hummus and properties
EASY BEET RECIPE HUMMUS
Properties of beet humus
This delicious beetroot hummus recipe is easy to prepare and very nutritious.
Photo of beet hummus decorated with black sesame.
It provides slow-absorbing carbohydrates and vegetable proteins from chickpeas, which are the main ingredient.
Why is beet hummus red?
Beet is very red due to betanin or betacyanin, an intense red pigment with antioxidant and circulatory properties. Adding beets to hummus improve heart health and add extra nutrients to the recipe, such as fiber, folic acid, magnesium and potassium.
Beet hummus ingredients
Beet hummus, decorated with olive oil, sweet paprika and chives (ciboulette).
- 250 g. of cooked chickpeas
- 1 whole beet boiled
- 1 tablespoon of tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 teaspoonful of cumin
- 1 clove garlic
- Half squeezed lemon
- Virgin olive oil
- Sweet paprika to sprinkle on the final decoration of the dish.
- Bread, biscotti or toast to accompany
Preparation of beet hummus
- Grind the boiled chickpeas with tahini, garlic, cumin and olive oil
- Slice the boiled beets, add and grind to form a homogeneous mass
- Add half lemon juice and salt.
- Mix everything evenly.
- Serve cold on a plate, spicing it with sweet paprika and olive oil.
- It is usually accompanied by bread or corn tortillas.
For whom is this recipe recommended?
- Beet can be introduced into the hummus for all the people who follow a healthy diet, children, young, and adults.
- In particular, it is recommended to pregnant or lactating women, people with cholesterol, hypertension and arteriosclerosis.
- People with diabetes should keep in mind that beets have a high glycemic index, so it is recommended to consume hummus without this ingredient.
- Because of its content in oxalates, people tending to produce stones in the kidney must moderate beet consumption.
More recipes and information on beets.
30 April, 2022