Vegetarian dish full of proteins
Chickpeas with seitan, a lot of protein
This recipe is rich in vegetable protein and also gives us carbohydrates and fiber.
This dish is very suitable for sports or vegetarian diets needing to take protein foods, combining vegetable proteins (peas) with cereal (seitan).
People whom legume cause flatulence can flavor the dish with carminative spices (cumin, fennel, etc.), or take a yogurt for dessert (probiotics help reduce gas).
Other properties of chickpeas with seitan
Fiber helps maintain a good intestinal flora, which is the center of the body’s immunity.
Also, a dish rich in fiber that helps prevent cholesterol, arteriosclerosis, colon cancer and gives us satiety so as not to need snacking between meals.
Especially chickpeas have a protective role of the heart due to its content of lecithin, which helps reduce bad cholesterol.
Why to add turmeric to the vegetarian proteins?
Adding turmeric to your dishes, in addition to color, provides the benefits of curcuminoids to improve digestion and prevent stomach and liver pain.
CHICKPEAS WITH SEITAN RECIPE
Chickpeas with seitan
- 70 g. cooked chickpeas
- 100 g. Seitan
- 1 zucchini
- 1 onion
- Homemade tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- Olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- Peel and cut the onion into cubes.
- Saute the onion with olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Wash the zucchini and cut into cubes. Add to the onion
- Mix 1 tablespoon turmeric powder and stir well to make it the mixed powder.
- Add the chickpeas to the fried vegetables.
- Add homemade tomato sauce and a little water to cover.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Serve as a main dish.
More information about vegetarianism.
13 December, 2021