ORIENTAL COUSCOUS RECIPE
- 1 cup of couscous
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot, cut into julienne strips
- 1 tablespoon of currants
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ tablespoon of butter or margarine
- Olive oil
- Wash, peel and chop all ingredients.
- Saute the onion with a little oil and salt for 5 minutes over medium-low fire.
- Add the carrot cut into small cubes and currants. Cook with lid for 5 minutes.
- Add the spices turmeric and pepper.
- Turn off the heat and toss 1 cup water and ½ tablespoon butter or margarine.
- Add 1 cup couscous (same as water) and let stand 3 minutes. Couscous needs no cooking in the fire, but it is prepared with warm water only.
- Serve immediately.
Energizing and exotic recipe that combines the spiciness of pepper, the warmth of curry and the sweet aroma of currants. Full of color, odor, heat and flavor, this recipe is easy to prepare and delicious.
- Couscous is a food from cereals, which gives us complex carbohydrates easily digested.
- Onion adds sweetness, fiber and diuretic properties to the recipe.
- Turmeric and pepper provide digestive, antioxidant and heart-healthy benefits.
- In short, a very healthy recipe, low in fat and ideal for people with dyspepsia or slow digestion, athletes, children or in any balanced diet.
More information on couscous recipes
9 April, 2022