Properties of couscous with chickpeas
This recipe gives us mainly complex carbohydrates and B vitamins, energy substrates for our bodies and our brains. However, carbohydrates are gradually assimilated because the high fiber content is slowly absorbed. That is, if we eat this dish at noon, it will give us good energy until midafternoon.
Fiber is a unique component of the plant world, and our body needs to maintain intestinal health, which is the center of the body’s immunity. Also, a diet rich in fiber helps prevent cholesterol, arteriosclerosis, colon cancer and gives us satiety not to snacking between meals.
In this dish we’ve combined legume protein with cereal protein to make a dish with protein of high biological value. This is important because vegetable protein in a vegan diet should be supplemented to be complete. Other forms of completing protein intake can be: Combine chickpeas dish with bread, substitute chickpeas by quinoa or eat a dairy dessert or egg.
Whom is this recipe for?
This is an energetic, nutritious and very healthy vegetarian dish recommended in a balanced diet.
HOME RECIPE AND OF CHICKPEAS WITH COUSCOUS
Ingredients of chickpeas with couscous
Elaboration of couscous with chickpeas
- Cut the onion and garlic.
- Fry with little oil in a pan and add a pinch of salt.
- When the onion and garlic are browned, add the tomato and stir.
- Add the cooked chickpeas and stir.
- In this dish we will add couscous to combine vegetable protein (chickpeas) with cereal (couscous), thus obtaining a vegetarian dish with high quality protein.
- The couscous should be cooked with the same amount of broth or water.
- We add 1 cup of broth and 1 cup couscous recipe (the amount may vary but the proportion of couscous is a cup of couscous per a cup of broth).
- Simmer 3 minutes and serve
When to serve it?
Serve it as a main dish.
* Related information: Chickpeas recipes
More information about turmeric recipes and properties.
11 January, 2022