Escalivada characteristics, recipe and nutritional properties
What is escalivada?
Escalivada is a typical dish of Catalonia and Aragon.
It consists of a mixture of grilled vegetables or baked vegetables, that make this preparation a light and healthy dish, ideal for introducing or accompanying dinner.
HOW TO MAKE ESCALIVADA
Ingredients of escalivada
Preparation of escalivada
- Wash the vegetables.
- Place vegetables whole or cut into pieces in a large baking dish, with salt and a little oil.
- Cook the vegetables in the oven at 180 º C for 30 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and let the cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the vegetables.
- Place them on a serving platter.In the photo: escalivada with eggplant, peppers, garlic and parsley
How to serve the escalivada
It is typically served with chopped vegetables and seasoned with olive oil.
It is served as accompaniment, or with tomato bread.
In some regions it is served into strips, placed on top of toasted country bread, spread with tomato, dressed with oil and with a slice of goat cheese on top.
This is an exquisite and ideal preparation for an impromptu dinner.
Fiber is a unique component of the plant world, and our body needs it to maintain intestinal health, which is the center of the body’s immunity. In addition, a diet rich in fiber helps prevent cholesterol, atherosclerosis, colon cancer and provides us satiety with very few calories.
The colors of the vegetables, such as peppers, eggplants and tomatoes, are because they are rich in flavonoids that nourish the cells and prevent aging.
Grilled vegetables or baked vegetables are a great way to enjoy the taste of vegetables, in a colorful and light dish.
More recipes and information about eggplant and other food.
23 July, 2021