Sweet watermelon pizza recipe
RECIPE OF SUMMER PIZZA WITH WATERMELON
Healthy pizza that refreshes, satiates and is not fattening
Heat, lots of heat. We fancy something fresh and natural. If possible with no added sugars. To satisfy us. And quench our thirst… Try this delicious and refreshing watermelon pizza!
Sweet watermelon pizza
Photo of watermelon pizza with peppermint and chocolate
The recipe that we present today is a sweet pizza made with a base of very fresh watermelon.
It can be used as a dessert, breakfast, snack, for picnics,… It also accepts thousands of combinations with different ingredients, it is easy and fast to prepare. It is also perfect for preparing in the family or for workshops with children.
Benefits of watermelon pizza
Watermelon, being such a watery fruit, hardly provides any calories, minerals, or vitamins (except vitamin A as carotene). What stands out most of its nutritional value is its richness in lycopene, that red plant pigment, which is also found in tomatoes and roasted peppers. A diet rich in these phytochemicals helps protect against numerous diseases, such as prostate cancer , high cholesterol or diabetes.
Summarizing the benefits of watermelon pizza, we have to point out the following:
- It moisturizes a lot
- It satiates
- It is low in calories
- It is rich in fiber and antioxidants
Who said eating healthy was not rich? Encourage yourself to experiment with this healthy recipe!
How to prepare homemade watermelon pizza
Ingredients for watermelon pizza:
- A well-ripe watermelon
- Peppermint (Mentha spicata)
- 85% or more pure chocolate
Elaboration of the watermelon pizza
The first step is to dispose of a very cool watermelon, which is how it is richer and refreshing. Then cut the watermelon into triangles so that small portions remain. To make it more manageable, instead of cutting the entire watermelon transversely, you can break the watermelon into quarters and then cut into triangles. That way it is safer and more practical.
A tip: to prepare the watermelon pizza recipe it is best to cut the fruit into quarters, and then the triangles. Cutting watermelon can be more dangerous and difficult
- Bathe the watermelon with pure chocolate (to the Bain Marie) and add a few leaves of fresh peppermint
- Put a few blueberries, sliced banana (may look like cheese), sliced kiwi, sliced orange, sliced apple, grapes,… Some molds can help us cut the fruit more decorative. Of course, all fresh fruits!
- It becomes very decorative if sprinkled with bee pollen, because of the touch of yellow color
- Another distinctive touch is to put some wild flowers for decoration, such as pansies, marigolds, violets or rose petals.
- The aromatic plants and spices that best combine with the watermelon are the sweet ones, like the skin of oranges or lemons and mint
Watermelon pizza is an original dessert and highly recommended for both children and adults, whether they are on a diet or in case of obesity. It could even be a super healthy birthday cake, for those born in summer.
More information on watermelon
10 December, 2023