The best food for pancreatitis
What can I eat?
After taking into account the recommended foods for pancreatitis, it is possible for a person to be confused or not be clear how to eat normally.
We recall that a pancreatitis diet should be:
- Virtually with no fat (only olive oil is used, up to 30ml daily.)
- Rich in protein (a protein food at each meal)
- With vegetables in main meals
- Fruits, fresh and baked
- Use very little oil or any other type of fat in the preparations or dressings.
- Dishes can be sweetened with sugar or honey.
- You can serve it with bread.
- If you are still hungry you can take these foods: nonfat yogurt, cheese 0 %, bread, mashed potatoes, potato or sweet potato, bread rusks
- In case of diabetes a moderate carbohydrate intake according to one's medication.
* More information: Pancreatitis and diabetes.
EXAMPLE OF SOME MENUS FOR PANCREATITIS
The following chart shows examples with vegetarian options for the daily food intake of people with pancreatitis:
More information about PANCREATITIS in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.