- 1 DIET FOR CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME
- 1.1 ADEQUATE FOOD TO AVOID FATIGUE
- 1.2 How to eat to avoid being tired
- 1.3 What is the best diet to recover strength and recovery?
- 1.4 Vitamins to improve chronic fatigue syndrome symptoms
- 1.5 Foods rich in essential fatty acids to avoid fatigue
- 1.6 Minerals to improve chronic fatigue syndrome symptoms
- 1.7 Carbohydrates for chronic fatigue syndrome
- 1.8 Unsuitable foods to avoid fatigue
DIET FOR CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME
ADEQUATE FOOD TO AVOID FATIGUE
How to eat to avoid being tired
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) and general fatigue or tiredness can be improved with the adoption of a proper diet.
It will be very important to choose food with the following properties:
- Foods that increase immunity
- Foods that increase the production of serotonin
- Foods that improve the condition of the muscles.
What is the best diet to recover strength and recovery?
Among the most important foods, we have the following:
Vitamins to improve chronic fatigue syndrome symptoms
- Foods rich in vitamin C: Vitamin C is adequate to keep the immune system in good condition. In this manner, it helps improve the defenses facilitating the healing of many diseases that could cause physical fatigue. It helps to improve the state of the thyroid and prevent asthma attacks
Foods rich in vitamin C include peppers, oranges, lemons, grapefruit, cauliflower, radishes, Brussels sprouts, spinach, bananas, apples, melons, watermelons, carrots, pineapples, pears, papayas, barley, garlic, blackberries, celery, peas, strawberries, raspberries, currants, blueberries, grapes, celery, figs, beans, chicory, cranberries, potatoes, avocado, soy, custard apples, mangoes, pomegranates, coconut, etc..,
Oranges contain a lot of vitamin C
- Foods rich in zinc: Zinc also has a role in the health of the defenses. Besides zinc possesses antimicrobial properties, especially antiviral. It is believed to inhibit the growth of influenza and colds.
Foods rich in zinc are: celery, asparagus, borage, figs, potatoes, eggplants, peaches, etc..
- Foods rich in vitamin B: Vitamin B has antidepressant properties. Foods rich in this vitamin are suitable for people who are usually tired or depressive symptoms as a result of chronic fatigue syndrome
Within the group of vitamin B, vitamin B 12 or cobalamin is especially interesting for his role in the absorption of iron, which prevents the occurrence of anemia. People with anemia have a constant fatigue.
Another important vitamin is thiamine (vitamin B1) because it helps to overcome stress and depression, sources of fatigue. Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) is needed to provide food and energy with pyridoxine (vitamin B6); and niacin (vitamin B3) helps maintain the defenses. Niacin is also very important to provide energy from carbohydrates. (See foods containing these vitamins in the particular study of each vitamin)
Foods rich in essential fatty acids to avoid fatigue
Walnuts contain a lot of essential fatty acids (Omega 3 and omega 6)
Minerals to improve chronic fatigue syndrome symptoms
- Foods rich in magnesium: The importance of magnesium in muscle function is crucial. Moreover Magnesium is involved in the production of energy through metabolism of carbohydrates.
- Foods rich in serotonin: Serotonin is necessary to maintain a good mood. Adequate levels of serotonin increase our confidence, relax our spirit and help us sleep better.
Carbohydrates for chronic fatigue syndrome
Legumes are rich in complex carbohydrates
Foods rich in complex carbohydrates keep blood sugar stable so they provide a constant energy. Moreover, carbohydrates generally help absorb tryptophan that becomes serotonin.
Within the complex carbohydrates have plant foods such as cereals (rice, wheat, oats, corn, etc.) and their derivatives (bread, oatmeal, cornmeal, etc.), vegetables (chard, lettuce, spinach, watercress, etc.) and legumes (lentils, soy, beans, chickpeas, etc.)
Unsuitable foods to avoid fatigue
An inadequate diet can lower serotonin levels. Dispensing with certain foods can be very harmful. Taking certain drugs like alcohol or caffeine can drastically reduce serotonin levels like a drastic reduction in carbohydrates can also do.
Is yerba mate an exception to this rule?
Despite having a lot of caffeine, mate is considered adequate to avoid fatigue. The reason for this apparent contradiction is, according to some studies, that mate has dycaffeoylquinic antidepressant acids that achieve 40-50% inhibition of the enzyme monoamine oxidase (MAO), which is responsible for degrading the serotonin (neurotransmissor that regulates mood)..
A diet based on simple carbohydrates provides great energy temporarily, but after a while, a feeling of intense hunger and lack of energy appears due to the level of glucose in the blood decreases considerably.
Among these foods we have the following: refined flour products, sweets, ice cream, cakes, custards, puddings, lollipops, sugary drinks etc.
More information on chronic fatigue remedies.
25 December, 2021