Herbal remedies of psoriasis
Phytotherapy: Cleansing herbal teas for psoriasis
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) it is recommended to get rid of water – dropsy and obesity – or when it is advised to eliminate blood toxins – psoriasis, cholesterol, uric acid, diabetes, acne, (Infusion of roots or leaves) (Take the leaves raw in salad)
- Meadowsweet (Filipendula ulmaria) Salicylic acid in meadowsweet can make your blood flow more easily. (Infusion of 2 teaspoons of flowers and leaves, three times a day. Do not reach boiling).
Meadowsweet flowers still in bloom
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa) Some studies suggest that turmeric may be a good complement in psoriasis. (Take turmeric supplements)
- Fumitory (Fumaria officinalis) (Infusion of half a handful of dry leaves by liter of water, during 15 minutes. Take 3 glasses a day. Do not prolong the treatment more than 10 days)
- Elder (Sambucus nigra) (Infusion of flowers. A flower tablespoon per cup.) (Fruit in jam)
- Parsley (Petroselinum hortense) (Decoction of 50 g of root per liter of water. One cup a day in small doses)
External use preparations to get rid of psoriasis itching
- Aloe (Aloe vera) (Apply aloe gel on the burn. This gel can be purchased at health food stores or pharmacies or, more easily, it can be obtained by cutting a leaf and squeezing it with the non-cutting edge of a knife on a flat surface.)
- Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) The application of licorice root extract on the skin affected by psoriasis help improve its condition and helps the conventional treatment to be more effective.
- Oats (Avena sativa) (Put in a very dense cloth bag 10 tablespoons of oatmeal and place it into the water bath)
- Walnut (Juglans regia) (10% infusion of dried leaves in a liter of water. Apply wet compresses on the affected area) (Pour a handful of dry leaves in the water of the bath)
- Lavender (Lavandula officinalis, Lavandula latifolia) (Wash the affected area with liquid from the 10-minute infusion of a spoonful of dried flowers per cup of water)
- Papaya (Carica papaya) (Spread papaya juice on the affected area)
- Wild celery (Angelica archangelica) Rub the affected part with diluted wild celery oil.
- Gentian (Gentiana lutea) (infusion of 20 g. of dried root per liter of water. Let stand for fifteen minutes and apply on the affected area when the water is still warm)
More information about natural treatment for psoriasis.
8 November, 2023