How to prepare a soup with amaranth
Amaranth soup recipe
- 1 cup washed and drained amaranth.
- 4 cups water or vegetable broth
- Cabbage cut into thin strips
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- Saute the onion with olive oil for 4 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the vegetable broth, carrots and cabbage. Cook for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the washed and drained amaranth and cook for 20 minutes.
Properties of amaranth soup
A different soup, using amaranth like millet. Amaranth can also be added to thicken soups, and another way is by adding it to cooking sauces with tomato, because it acquires all the flavor and gives it a delicious texture to the recipe.
his recipe is suitable for coeliacs diet.
More information on amaranth recipes
26 May, 2021