- 1 Fruit skewers with dark chocolate
- 1.1 HEALTHY RECIPE OF FRUIT SKEWERS
- 1.2 How to make a healthy chocolate dessert
- 1.3 Properties of fruit skewers
- 1.4 How to decorate fruit skewers, original ideas
- 1.5 What chocolate to use
- 1.6 Ingredients for Making Fruit Skewers
- 1.7 Preparation of chocolate skewer desserts
- 1.8 Making skewers of dark chocolate
- 1.9 Step by step chocolate skewer recipe:
- 1.10 Recipe comments
- 1.11 Variations of the recipe: chocolate dipped fruits…
Fruit skewers with dark chocolate
HEALTHY RECIPE OF FRUIT SKEWERS
How to make a healthy chocolate dessert
The following recipe shows how to prepare fruit skewers with chocolate, with natural and nutritious ingredients. It can be served as a special dessert, in celebrations, children ‘s parties, etc.
It is an ideal recipe to prepare with children, or as an extra dessert for anyone, even for those who are on a diet to lose weight. The elaboration accepts many variations, some of which we will present.
Properties of fruit skewers
If you want to offer a healthy and rich dessert, these skewers are excellent. The fruit is healthy because it brings a lot of water (moisturizing) and natural sweetness, in addition to vitamin C and many other antioxidants.
How to decorate fruit skewers, original ideas
A suggestion of how to serve decorative fruit skewers
It is a delicious recipe, easy and quick to prepare, with natural and healthy ingredients. It also has a very simple processing, if you have the right ingredients.
What chocolate to use
To make a healthy dessert you must buy a dark chocolate with a high percentage of pure cocoa.
Black chocolate is the one with the least added sugars and the highest amount of antioxidants and flavonoids naturally present in cocoa.
Attention! Many black chocolates that are marketed are not really black. You need to specify your cocoa percentage (70% or higher).
* More information: How to buy authentic black chocolate
Ingredients for Making Fruit Skewers
- Peeled and cut fruits
- 100g of chocolate 70% or higher
- 30g of cocoa butter (2 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil or butter may also be used)
- Optional: cinnamon powder or other spices (ginger powder,…)
- Skewers or wooden sticks to punch
Fruit skewers with dark chocolate
Preparation of chocolate skewer desserts
The process for making chocolate skewers is very simple:
- Prepare the fruit: wash, peel and cut it into large or small pieces, as desired. In this case, strawberries have been combined with bananas. Some fruits, such as figs or cherries, do not need to be cut and can be bathed whole.
- Spear the fruit to prepare the skewers.
- Refrigerate skewers for 30 minutes. If they are cold, in contact with the chocolate bath this solidifies better
- Melt the chocolate with the cocoa butter to the Bain Marie. Add a teaspoon of cinnamon powder at the end. You should use as little butter as possible. Coconut butter is not recommended in summer as it melts in temperate temperatures.
- Prepare a dish, where the skewers will be placed to cool.
- Bathe the skewers with the molten chocolate.
- Decorate with fresh mint, pollen, etc.
Making skewers of dark chocolate
- Bathe the fruits in the molten chocolate and arrange in the dish that has been prepared, somewhat apart so that they do not stick together.
- Fruits that can be used: of all kinds, apples, mandarins, oranges, etc.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, and before the chocolate solidifies completely, decorate (with the chocolate in the middle of cooling, the pieces stick better).
Step by step chocolate skewer recipe:
Elaboration of homemade chocolate skewers with natural ingredients (fruit bathed in pure chocolate):
Original fruit skewers. Very easy and fast to elaborate.
It consists of a very simple and easy way to prepare recipe, ideal for workshops for children, but also for adults who wish to enjoy the pleasure of eating natural chocolates, with more nutritious ingredients and with fewer calories than any industrial or pastry option.
Recipe suitable for vegans and vegetarians. Free from most allergens, since no dairy, egg or flour is used (it’s a gluten-free dessert).
Variations of the recipe: chocolate dipped fruits…
It can be adapted to all tastes, preparing the dessert with different fruits, in the form of skewers, or simply fruit bathed in chocolate.
22 April, 2019