Edible properties of guacamole
NUTRITIONAL PROPERTIES OF GUACAMOLE
What is guacamole and what nutrients does it bring?
Guacamole is a traditional vegetable sauce from Mexico produced with avocado, tomato, onion, cilantro, lemon and salt.
All these components help counteract free radicals formed in the body, which cause premature aging of the skin and the body.
The huge amount of folic acid avocado has makes it an ideal sauce in pregnancy.
When to eat guacamole
Guacamole is one of the healthiest starters, because in addition to its antioxidant properties, is a dish rich in fiber and good fats from avocado. In short, a much more nutritious option than industrial potato chips, snacks, cookies, etc., which contain trans fat and have no nutritional value (without the addition of vitamins and minerals).
Encourage you to take this healthy “dipping sauce” in your following meetings with friends or relatives. Preparation is easy, quick and ideal for sharing, with all the benefits of the plant foods.
EASY RECIPE OF GUACAMOLE
Photo of guacamole with nachos. Traditionally, guacamole is eaten with nachos
Ingredients for guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tomato, seeded better, cubed
- half a thin cut chive
- A few cilantro leaves julienned
- Half a squeezed lemon
Guacamole preparation steps
Photo of guacamole. In this case we have added sesame seeds (antioxidant and rich in calcium) and nori (rich in vitamin A and fiber). In addition to a dipping sauce, we can use this sauce to accompany dishes.
- Choose ripe avocados, depending on the variety their characteristics change. Overall, an avocado is ripe because it sinks when pressing gently on it with your fingers.
- Split avocados in half to remove the bone. Then with a knife cut the pulp into cubes and empty them completely with a spoon.
- With a fork or a mortar, mash the avocados and mix the paste with the other ingredients, with a pinch of salt, so that all the flavors are blended. Integrate all components of the sauce to form a homogeneous mass.
- Serve with nachos, corn pancakes, toast, etc.
Variations and other comments of guacamole recipe
Who is guacamole especially suitable for?
It is a highly recommended balanced recipe for everybody and for all ages, but especially in pregnancy (high in folic acid), poor circulation, uric acid (gout), hypertension, dermatitis, stress or fatigue. Suitable for diabetics and celiac disease (gluten allergy).
Guacamole can be served as a starter, but is a very versatile sauce that can be mixed with all kinds of salads, cereals, inside sandwich, etc.
It is a perfect substitute for mayonnaise with oil, because it provides less calories and more antioxidants.
This property may be of interest to people who want to lose weight, but in general, is an appropriate recommendation in every healthy diet.
It can also be used as vegetable pate for sandwiches or added to salads, as we have done in this salad of corn and chickpeas.
More information on avocado.
22 April, 2019