How to make a quinoa with raisins to maintain muscles in good health
QUINOA WITH RAISINS AND ONIONS RECIPE
- 80 or 100 g. quinoa per person
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- Olive oil
- Pinch of salt
How to make it
- Take a glass as a quinoa measure. A full glass may serve for 2 servings.
- Wash the quinoa with the help of a colander under running water.
- Put in a pot to boil water. At a double amount of quinoa (for 1 cup quinoa, 2 cups water).
- Once it starts to boil, lower the heat to medium intensity and cover it. Quinoa may take 1418 minutes to cook.
- In a pan with oil, fry the onion with a pinch of salt over medium-low heat, until caramelized. Go stirring.
- Add a tablespoon of turmeric to the fried onion and stir to mix well.
- Add raisins, stir, and cook 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the quinoa, mix well, cover and leave 3 minutes on low heat to blend flavors.
- Serve as accompaniment.
Suggested way of serving quinoa with onion and raisins
Nutritional properties of quinoa with raisins
This is an energetic and highly nutritious recipe. It primarily provides carbohydrates that are high in amino acids and essential fatty acids, important for the functioning of the nervous system (people with stress, anxiety, depression, etc.), and to maintain muscles in good health (very suitable for athlete’s diet).
Quinoa is indicated for obesity diet because of its high satiating power, that will prevent craving for food between meals. In one study, it was determined that quinoa provides more satiety that rice.
Plant foods in this recipe add different properties to those of quinoa:
- Raisins contain a good dose of protein, calcium and magnesium, in addition to resveratrol, a hearth-ealthy antioxidant flavonoid.
- Onion is rich in sulfur compounds with diuretic properties and to improve circulation.
- Adding turmeric brings to our plates, in addition to color, the benefits of curcuminoids to improve digestion, prevent stomach and liver pain.
Ideal recipe for all kinds of healthy diets and suitable for coeliacs.
More information about onions recipes, nutritional values and medicinal properties.
17 December, 2020