REMEDIES STOMACH ULCER
Home remedies for stomach ulcers
NATURAL REMEDIES FOR STOMACH ULCERS
Phytotherapy: Herbal remedies for stomach ulcer
The role of phytotherapy in treating gastric ulcers is to use plants that can help improve the treatments prescribed by your doctor. This plants will accomplish the following purposes:
Medicinal plants for stomach ulcers
Among all the possible plants, the most important ones are:
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa) (turmeric extract capsules, from 1.5 to 3g daily. You can buy buy empty capsules or tablets at the pharmacy and fill turmeric powder. Enter turmeric in your recipes (in purees, sauces, omelets, soups,...) (Add turmeric powder at the end of the preparation, 1-3 minutes before turning off the fire)
However, preparations with DGL licorice (licorice without glycyrrhizin) seem to be more effective to counteract heartburn and neutralize excess of acidity. This property is especially useful for applying treatments in cases where it is required to reduce stomach acid such as heartburn, stomach ulcer, esophageal or mouth sores. (3 Chewing licorice wafers without glycyrrhizin about three times a day) (See toxicity of the plant)
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale) Its antibacterial power is ideal to avoid the formation of ulcers by eliminating the Helicobacter pylori, a bacteria whose secretions of ammonia are responsible for many ulcers, especially those of duodenum, and for other stomach problems like gastritis. On the other hand it is a plant able to neutralize the excess of gastric acid that is another of the causes that favors the formation of ulcers. (This food can be added to meals or choose other products made with ginger, as ginger cookies or ginger candies) (Look for contraindications of toxicity in the general study of the plant)
- Moringa (Moringa oleifera): It has been proven that moringa is able to decrease the excess of acid in the stomach by increasing serotonin levels and encouraging the production of bicarbonate and mucus by goblet cells, which are responsible for producing mucus that protects the mucous membranes.
- Jackfruit (Artocarpus heterophyllus) Jackfruit contains antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antioxidants substances that help in the healing of stomach ulcers. (Take jackfruit boiled as food)
- Aronia (Aronia melanocarpa) Anthocyanins from aronia protect the gastric mucosa and have slight anti-inflammatory effect (Take an aronia supplement)
- Alfalfa (Medicago sativa) The regular inclusion of alfalfa sprouts in salads improves the health of the stomach wall, being of help in case of stomach ulcers.
- Violet(Viola odorata) Violet is useful in the treatment of stomach ulcers (Infusion of one teaspoon of dried flowers per cup of water. Drink two cups a day)
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.