- 1 What food is good to treat carpal tunnel syndrome?
- 1.1 RECOMMENDED FOODS FOR CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME
- 1.2 Fruits and vegetables for carpal tunnel syndrome
- 1.3 Which are the best fruits for carpal tunnel syndrome
- 1.4 Anti-Inflammatory diet for carpal tunnel syndrome.
- 1.5 Suitable fats for carpal tunnel syndrome
- 1.6 Foods rich in vitamin B6 for carpal tunnel syndrome.
What food is good to treat carpal tunnel syndrome?
RECOMMENDED FOODS FOR CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME
Fruits and vegetables for carpal tunnel syndrome
The consumption of raw vegetables, such as salads and fruits, is essential in this diet because they contain vitamin C. Deficits of this vitamin can accentuate the pain of the joints. They also provide antioxidants to counteract the effects of inflammation.
Which are the best fruits for carpal tunnel syndrome
Among the recommended fruits for their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects we have: pineapples, pomegranates, peppers, blueberries, onions, limes, lemons, kumquats (kumquats), oranges, apples, tomatoes, watermelon, and orange fruits such as peaches, carrots, pumpkins, mango and papayas.
PINEAPPLE, THE BEST ANTI-INFLAMMATORY FRUIT
Pineaples in a market
Pineapple contains bromelain, an enzyme with anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic properties. Scientific studies suggest that this fruit may improve symptoms of inflammation.
Anti-Inflammatory diet for carpal tunnel syndrome.
An anti-inflammatory diet is best suited to help reduce inflammation, apart from external remedies such as ice packs or other remedies that can be applied locally on the carpal tunnel. To reduce inflammation in the body we must control the dietary fats.
- First, we must avoid inflammatory foods that are high in saturated fats. Mainly industrial products containing such fat and meat products: popcorn bag (containing trans fats), sausages, pates, butter and pastries, etc..
- We must also choose skim milk to avoid dairy fat and cholesterol (avoid fat cheese, whole milk, whole yogurt, etc..)
Suitable fats for carpal tunnel syndrome
Avocado has anti-inflammatory principles, very useful to diminish hand or wrist inflammation
The most suitable fats in our diet should be mainly:
- Extra virgin olive oil,
- Oily fish (in case of non-vegetarian diets)
- Nuts (walnuts, hazelnuts and almonds)
With these foods, the body has the “ingredients” needed to manufacture its own anti-inflammatory principles. (This means that the body converts omega-3 into anti-inflammatory prostaglandins). These foods also provide us tocopherol or vitamin E, which has anti-inflammatory properties to protect cell membranes from the adverse effects of inflammation.
Foods rich in vitamin B6 for carpal tunnel syndrome.
For carpal tunnel syndrome eating foods rich in vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) can be very helpful: It has been observed that people with carpal tunnel syndrome are deficient in this vitamin.
Foods rich in vitamin B6 are: oats, muesli, millet, broccoli, cabbage, soybeans, lentils, chard, spinach, potato, sweet potato, avocado, banana, sunflower seeds, persimmon, pomegranate, etc.. (Animal foods contain twice this vitamin that vegetarian sources).
Oatmeal is also very convenient because it provides high doses of vitamin B2 (riboflavin), that transforms vitamin B6 into its most active form. (Take at breakfast, with muesli or with fruit juices).
More information on carpal tunnel syndrome natural treatment.