Vegetarian diet for the immune system
DIET TO STRENGTHEN YOUR DEFENSES
A poor diet can weaken our defenses. A slight deficit of vitamins and minerals can cause faulty defenses and allow the emergence of many diseases.
Among the major vitamins and minerals that we must consider to have good defenses, we can point out the following:
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
Food rich in vitamins for the immune system
- Vitamin B, can be obtained from whole grains (wheat, oats, barley, etc.) Nuts (hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts), vegetables (cabbage, cauliflower, spinach, radishes, endive, lettuce…) yeast, and so on.
Carrots are rich in betacarotene which is converted into Vitamin A by our body. This vitamin is very intesteresting to boost our immune system
- Vitamin A can be obtained by carotenoids, especially betacarotene, found in many orange, red or yellow plant foods, especially carrots, purslane, spinach, watercress, borage,, pumpkins, tomatoes, asparagus, dandelion
- Vitamin C: Needed for the absorption of vitamin A and E. Its deficiency causes a weakness in the capillaries. In addition to its antioxidant properties, this vitamin is also important for the proper absorption of iron, calcium or other major aminoacids. Peppers contain a lot of vitamin C. Citrus fruits are also very rich (oranges, lemons, grapefruits, etc.).
- Vitamin E: This vitamin is another very powerful antioxidant. Plants that have this vitamin are vegetable fats: wheat germ oil, sunflower seeds, hazelnuts, sunflower oil, sesame oil, toasted almonds and olive oil. Other foods with vitamin E are mangoes and avocados.
Food rich in minerals for the immune system
- Copper: See foods rich in copper.
- Iron:See foods rich in iron.
Special foods to boost your defenses
Garlic contain enzymes that stimulate the immune system.
Some foods are especially convenient because they contain components that help stimulate the immune system or because they are capable of neutralizing the toxins that can alter our defensive system. Among the main foods recommended for such purposes, we can include the following:
- Legumes: These contain phytochemicals that help produce more antibodies. Among all, we highlight soy beans and soy products like soy milk or tofu, with a wealth of suitable enzymes to neutralize foreign objects into the body.
- Vegetables: Cabbages, Brussels sprouts and other plants of the cruciferous family (Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, etc) They contain components capable of neutralizing toxins. Their properties to inhibit the development of cancer cells are very interesting.
- Garlic: Garlic is very good for defenses because they are rich in enzymes that stimulate the immune system.
- Onions: With similar properties to garlic, onions are also ideal for strengthening the defenses.
- Yogurt: This food contains lactobacillus that helps restore intestinal flora, which is necessary to eliminate or reduce the number of pathogenic bacteria in the intestine. It has been proved that eating this food usually decreases the number of intestinal and urinary infections and other bacterial diseases of the rest of the body.
Dietary supplements to increase the defenses
Pollen is a valuable supplement to boost our defenses
- Pollen: Taking about 500 mg of pollen for a few weeks usually helps strengthen the immune system. (It can be taken in capsules sold in stores)
- Royal Jelly: We can say that eating royal jelly produces a general improvement of the body because it stimulates cell formation, which leads to a regeneration of organs, especially in regard to the skin, bones or nervous cells.
Antibacterial and antiviral capacity of royal jelly has been tested in some studies in vitro. It has been found that it inhibits the growth of well-known viruses and bacteria. Especially, the flu viruses.
Fasting to boost your defenses
Fasting facilitates purification of the body. During fasting, the body eliminates toxins and purifies itself. Similarly, fasting can help to increase the defenses. After fasting, the defenses are reinforced.
Naturally, we refer to a total short-lasting fasting (one or two days a month) and not to a prolonged one that is not beneficial, and can even weaken our defenses.
Spring fasting are especially recommended to increase our immunity at a time when the body is subjected to a great stress.
More information on boosting your immune system.
6 July, 2021