How to get rid of wrinkles
Phytotherapy. Herbal remedies for wrinkles
The primary role of phytotherapy in the treatment of wrinkles plants will provide:
– Plants that improve the physical conditions that affect the poor condition of the skin. Under this heading we would have plants that are intended to improve some body organ or apparatus (For example, plants that improve liver condition, or blood circulation) and those plants that try to eliminate free radicals (Regenerative and antioxidant plants)
– Emollient plants that provide components that help keep the skin more flexible and less dry, by adding more water and more fat on this body. They are a cheap alternative to commercial cosmetics containing collagen.
– Plants that provide soothing relaxation of muscles and skin. (Tranquilizing plants)
Internal use treatments for wrinkles
– Passionflower (Passiflora caeurulea) Passionflower constitutes one of the best remedies against all type of nervous manifestations. It is very appropriate in those stressing situations when we are very nervous and excited, because of personal or work problems (stress, anxiety). Specially interesting when the situation doesn’t allow us to sleep well and we suffer of insomnia. Most of these nervous disorders are reflected on the skin health, being the reason for many skin disorders, such as wrinkles.
(Infusion of a couple of teaspoons of the dried plant in half a liter of water. Drink a couple of small cup a day) (Maceration the desired quantity of dried plant with the same amount of alcohol for a week. Filter and take about 25 drops per day) (View contraindications in the general study of the plant)
– Lime: (Citrus aurantifolia) Lime is important for skin care. Antioxidants are taken from food, as masks and skin creams can not penetrate into the inner layers of the dermis, where collagen is. Taking foods rich in vitamin C protects collagen, resulting in brighter skin with fewer wrinkles and sagging, younger looking. (Infusion of a teaspoon of dried leaves or a piece of lime rind, 3 times a day. Take lime juice 2-3 times a day).
– Chamomile: (Matricaria chamomilla) In cases of nervousness, insomnia or depression it is interesting to take infusions from dry flowers (Infusion of a spoonful of dry flowers. A cup at night before going to sleep)
External use treatments for wrinkles
With the following plants we are going to make creams that are going to be applied to the skin in order to moisturize it and provide it nutritive components to keep it smooth and healthy for longer.
We must take into account that those creams are very oily, so they should only be applied to dry skins. For oily skins, it is advised to use masks with plants that are not so greasy and never apply oil on them. That would mean an excess of fat on the skin.
Among all the possible plant treatments for wrinkles we can point out the following:
– Cucumber (Cucumis ssp.) A good way to make a soothing cream after heavy sun exposure is to crush a couple of cucumbers in a blender and spread the mashed pulp in a cream on the red skin for half an hour or 45 minutes. This treatment is very appropriate to relieve suffering sunburns, dermatitis or normal burns.. Cucumber slices applied on the skin for a few minutes help to remove wrinkles.
– Pineapple (Ananas comosum) Pineapple contains some components called AHA (alpha-hydroxy acids) a number of acids that are found between citric acid and glycol, which play a role in rejuvenating the skin. The action is due both either to its ability to stimulate collagen and hydrate the skin, or to remove skin dead cells.
They not only perform the function that a peeling mask exercises, but they also provide those substances necessary for a firm good hydrated skin. A mask made with pineaple rind and pineapple pulp should be suitable for making a good mask which, applied to the skin, will remove wrinkles and keep skin firmer. Clean and rinse it well after 15 or 30 minutes application.
– Avocado (Persea americana) Used externally, for its richness in vitamins D and E it stimulates collagen formation as well as saponins, so it is a good balm for the skin. A good cheap remedy to maintain your face young and unwrinkled is to make a mask with avocado pulp and keep it before falling asleep for half an hour. Avocado, because of its richness in vegetable fat, is ideal for the treatment of normal or dried skin, but it should not apply on oily skin.
– Carrot (Daucus carota) Carrot can be used to cure skin problems like eczema, wounds or sunburn. It is useful to mitigate the destructive action of ultraviolet rays. reason why it enters in the composition of many sunscreens. A mask of carrot pulp for half an hour also favors the smoothness of the skin.
– Strawberry (Fragaria vesca) The leaves crushed and applied to the skin are a good way to prevent wrinkles.
– Almond (Prunus amygdalus) Almond and almond oil enters in the composition of many beauty preparations, to moisturize the skin and prevent wrinkles as well as in cases of dermatitis or skin burns. (Make massages using this oil) (Do not apply on oily skin)
– Poppy (Papaver rhoeas) The infusion of poppy petals is useful to avoid the appearance of wrinkles on the face. Just carry out a fully loaded infusion in which you dip a cloth to be applied to your face for a few minutes before bedtime.
– Cacao (Theobroma cacao), Cocoa is used to regenerate dry skin wrinkled by age and abuse. (Mix 100 g of cocoa powder with a tablespoon of olive oil. Add cream while stirring until it will form a thick cream and apply as a mask for half an hour on the face. Clean it with cold water.
– Grape (Vitis vinifera) grapes used externally are a very interesting cosmetic remedy for the protection and beautification of the skin. They are one of the best skin moisturizers, so that the hydrate and recover from the effects of dryness. The pulp of this fruit spread on your face as a mask for 20 or 30 minutes is a good way to prevent or remove wrinkles.
– Lemon (Citrus limonum) Lemon, being very rich in vitamin E, is a good antioxidant. You can do an herbal remedy with lemon and parsley to remove wrinkles. (Leave a slice of lemon and a sprig of parsley in a glass of water overnight. The next morning wet your face with this liquid and let it dry naturally)
(Another interesting preparation is to mix a few drops of lemon with a tablespoon of warm honey and a yogurt. Mix well and apply a cream on your face for ¾ hour. Then, wash your face with cold water)
– Honeysuckle (Lonicera caprifolium) The essential oil of honeysuckle, applied to the skin, will help improve its appearance. It especially helps to reduce wrinkles and prevent their occurrence. (Honeysuckle oil can be bought in herbalists’)
– Olive tree (Olea europaea) Olive oil is ideal to soften the skin and provide moisturization. It can be applied directly to the face in the form of massage or comes in combination with other plant for the production of facial creams for dry skin, including the following:
* Samaritan Balm: It is a mixing of equal parts of olive oil, white wine and egg white. This must be beaten into a paste which is applied on the skin
* Cream for crow’s feet: Warm 3 tablespoons of olive oil in bain-marie, 1 teaspoon of beeswax and ½ teaspoon of cocoa butter. Cool and add two tablespoons of rosewater. Stir to form a thick paste that should be applied to the crow’s feet.
* Cream for dry skin: Mix 2 tablespoons of olive oil with two tablespoons of liquefied lanolin in bain-marie and apply it to the wrinkles.
Red grape seed oil for wrinkles
It is used in cosmetic industry for its high content in fatty acid and becase it is very rich in vitamin E and vitamin C which give it antioxidant properties very suitable for the care and preservation of the skin.
This determines its emergence as one of the important components in many preparations for beauty and skin or hair care (hand balms, lip creams, aftershave lotions, solar creams, etc.. With this oil we can alos perform massages to hydrate and preserve our skin.
When applied to the skin, it provides its emollient properties, that’s to say, it softens and soothes it, regenerating, hydrating and repairing it. A little grape seed oil red applied to wrinkles that occur around the eyes or mouth, will help soften them and will be able to diminish its occurrence.
Tip to remove wrinkles: Make a mask simply with honey warmed in bain-marie bath, and fruit juices to hydrate the skin and remove wrinkles (Apply for half an hour on your face, clean and wash it with cold water)
Diet for wrinkles
The adoption of proper diet, rich in natural plant foods, along with healthier habits in life, in which that are removed are the most common toxics are removed, will make you show a wrinkle free face or a smoother body
Other treatments for wrinkles
Together with a new diet and proper natural remedies, we should mention some techniques that can help eliminate wrinkles or prevent its occurrence:
– Facial massage: Made with the fingertips. (From the center of the forehead to the temples. (To treat wrinkles on the forehead) from the sides of the eyes to the temples (to treat crow’s feet) from the ends of the nose to the ears (for wrinkles of the mouth)
– Inverted postures: Aided with wall, stand on your head a couple of minutes a day. This increases circulation to the face, providing adequate nutrients to the skin.
– Relaxation and laughter therapyThe use of certain relaxation techniques helps maintain your body look younger. It has also been proved that laughter, exercised with a certain frequency, conveys facial muscle exercise, so it helps to keep your face smoother.
More information about wrinkles and their natural treatment.