Suitable wrinkles nutrition
Importance of nutrition to avoid wrinkles
Adequate food is essential to keep your skin in good condition. A diet, high in natural plant foods, low saturated fats and moderate physical exercise according to your age, can help to avoid or reduce the effects of this disorder.
RECOMMENDED FOODS FOR WRINKLES DIET
Antioxidants for wrinkles
Antioxidants play a key role in preventing the formation of wrinkles. they can help stop or delay the fragmentation of collagen, the principal protein connective tissues that form such important body parts as as bones, cartilage, tendons or skin.
Eating foods rich in antioxidants will help prevent degeneration of collagen. Major foods that contains these principles include the following:
- Foods rich in vitamin C. Citrus fruits like oranges, lemons or grapefruits, peppers, dark green leafy vegetables like cabbage or broccoli, are good sources of this vitamin.Other plants that contain this vitamin include cauliflowers, radishes, brussels sprouts, spinach, bananas, apples, melons, watermelons, carrots, pineapples, pears, papayas, barley, garlic, berries, celery, peas, strawberries, grapes, figs, beans, chicory, blueberries, potatoes, avocados, soybeans, cherimoyas, pomegranates, coconuts, etc.Foods rich in vitamin E: Plants that have this vitamin are vegetable fats: wheat germ oil, sunflower seeds, hazelnuts, sunflower oil, toasted almonds and olive oil. Other foods with vitamin E are mangoes and avocados.
- Foods rich in vitamin A: It is obtained directly from animal foods such as liver, mackerel, butter, etc. However, for those who prefer a vegetable diet it can be obtained by eating foods rich in beta carotene which the body converts into vitamin A.
It can be found in big amounts in liver, egg yolk, fish -especially blue fish- and butter.
Plants that contain provitamin A are specially dark green, orange, red or yellow food plants, such carrots, purslane, spinachs, watercress and borage. Other plants that contain it are, for example, basil, squash, tomatoes, coriander, asparagus, dandelion, peppers, watermelon, melon, Brussels sprouts, bananas, apples, plums, oranges, raspberries, mangos, beans, etc.
- Foods rich in Vitamin B1 (thiamine): Within animal foods, it appears on meat (especially pork and calf liver) and in milk and its derivatives.
Plant sources of vitamin B1 are: nuts (almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, peanuts, etc.). Whole grain cereals and products (oats, rice, wheat, corn, barley, seed wheat, bread, etc.) dried beans, peas, oranges, potatoes, cabbage, asparagus, raisins, etc. Grain refinement involves the removal of this component. But now it must be added in grains, seeds or breads that have undergone refining processes, so it is also found in white bread, white rice, or white flour.
- Foods rich in vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): The main animal source is milk and dairy products (cheese, yoghourt, custard, etc.), Especially low-fat dairy products. It is also found in the liver and other animal organs (beef and veal, pork, lamb and fish)
Rich plant sources of vitamin B2 are spinach, avocado, asparagus, mushrooms, wheat germ, chickpeas, peas, beans, bread, cereals or products made with some cereals (Most of these products contain vitamin B added)
- Foods rich in vitamin B 7 (Biotin) the main source is meat. It is especially present in egg yolk, liver and viscera in general.
The richest plant sources in biotin include brewer’s yeast, mushrooms, peanut butter and whole grains or their derivatives (rice, oats, wheat, flour, etc. Bread, pasta, wheat germ, etc.). Other plants such as soybeans, peas, chickpeas or nuts contain a lot of this vitamin.
Water for wrinkles
Our skin must be hydrated outside and inside. We should provide external skin hydration by means of the suitable masks (see more information about wrinkles masks in the listing below). We must also maintain our skin hydrated from within, ingesting a good amount of liquids everyday.
Water is necessary to keep our skin in good condition. A dehydrated skin tends to become dryer, more fragile and brittle, much more prone to wrinkles. Drinking plenty of water and hydrating the body with vegetables or fruit juices is the best way to care about our skin.
Minerals for wrinkles
Some minerals are particularly necessary to keep skin in good condition. Calcium deficiency may be responsible for premature skin aging and the subsequent appearance of some anomalies such as the presence of wrinkles. The main animal source of calcium is milk and dairy products (mainly cheese and yogurt). It is better to eat low-fat products because they contain less fat and more calcium. Moreover, most dairy products are now fortified with calcium. Yogurt is richer than milk
Plants containing this mineral are those vegetables that have dark green leaves like spinach (These, however, are not recommended as calcium sources because they contain oxalates, which block calcium absorption) or broccoli sprouts. Legumes contain plenty of calcium, such as beans or soybeans. Cereals are other foods that are rich in this mineral especially almonds, oats, or walnuts,
Another very interesting mineral for skin care is sulfur. Sulfur is very useful to improve the appearance of the skin. Animal foods high in sulfur are meat, eggs or fish. Plant foods which contain a lot of this mineral are garlic, onions, cabbage or brussels sprouts.
NON RECOMMENDED FOODS FOR WRINKLES DIET
Fat and wrinkles
In general, animal fat should dispose of its importance in favor of vegetable fats. In case you do not completely ignore animal foods, it is important for you to reduce them as much as possible, and, above all, one should avoid saturated fats.
A good intake of protein is necessary, but we can choose vegetal protein, like the one found in legumes. Legumes, properly mixed with cereals, can provide such as interesting protein balance as that one provided by animal meat.
It is better to give up fried foods and choose other more natural ways of cooking or, better yet, to eat raw vegetables whenever possible. These foods contain large amounts of antioxidants that are necessary to have a healthy skin.
Oxidative products and wrinkles
You should avoid the ingestion of oxidant products that can promote the destruction of collagen. Foods too rich in refined sugars, alcohol, or use of certain toxins such as tobacco can increase the occurrence of skin problems.
Some foods mentioned above, very interesting under normal conditions, can also have oxidative properties in certain circumstances. We are referring to some foods that may cause food allergies. Therefore, they should be rejected if they are not well assimilated by someone. The following table shows a list of foods that often cause these problems.
Main food producing allergic reactions
(They produce 90 % of allergic reactions)
|– Crustacean shellfish (crabs, oysters, lobsters, mussels, shrimp, etc)|
– Milk (Cow) and derivatives (Cheese, yoghourt)
Nuts(almonds, walnuts, pecans,, etc)
– Soy beans and its derivatives
– Wheat and its derivatives
More information about wrinkles
30 October, 2022