How to prepare a roasted vegetable cream
BENEFITS OF A VEGETABLE CREAM
It is a recipe that requires little preparation and it is easy to cook. It provides energy and lots of fiber, in addition to the following components:
- Peppers give us a natural antioxidant: lycopene. Lycopene is a red pigment, which is also found in tomatoes. This component has been studied its antioxidant properties, which could help reduce the risk of certain types of cancer, lower cholesterol, and is an essential component in any antiaging diet.
- It is shown that the lycopene content increases when vegetables are cooked, so the roasted pepper is richer in lycopene than, for example, the raw pepper or the raw tomato.
- Aubergine gives us a lot of fiber, helps improve circulation and stimulates the liver, helping us to avoid heavy or slow digestions.
- Onion is rich in sulfur compounds with diuretic properties.
- Potato is a tuber that gives us carbohydrates, fermentable fiber and it is very rich in niacin (vitamin B3). It gives us energy and helps maintain a healthy intestinal flora.
- If we season the dish with olive oil, we will have the benefits of omega 9 for health, among which we highlight, the prevention of degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
Who is this recipe for?
Ideal recipe in all types of healthy diets and suitable for coeliacs.
Roasted vegetable cream
CREAM RECIPE OF ROASTED VEGETABLES
Ingredients of roasted vegetables cream
Preparation of a roasted vegetable cream
- Wash the vegetables, peel the onion and bake at 180ºC for about 1 hour.
- Once cooked, let the vegetables cool for 10 minutes at room temperature, outside the oven.
- Peel potatoes.
- Peel the eggplant and pepper.
- Cut all the vegetables into pieces so that it is easier to crush.
- Reserve half pepper to use as decoration, as shown in the image (Optional)
- Grind all the ingredients and serve.
* Related information:
More information on courgettes and pumpkins.
22 April, 2019