Diet for mouth ulcer
DIET FOR MOUTH ULCERS
Food tips for mouth ulcers
The following recommendations would be useful to prevent the occurrence of ulcers in the mouth:
- Moderate alcohol consumption, coffee and vinegar.
- Avoid foods with lots of condiments or those that contain too much salt or sugar. Moderate consumption of meat.
- Avoid chewing gum
Recommended foods for mouth ulcers
The most recommended food to prevent or alleviate mouth sore are:
- Bananas: Studies carried out in India, a country where bananas are much consumed in form of flour to make homemade bread (chapatis), have demonstrated the power of this fruit in the prevention of gastric ulcers and its capacity to protect the intestinal mucosa. It has been proved their protective power to combat gastritis or to prevent the ulcers. They can even be used to cicatrize them. Bananas may prove very effective for mouth ulcers.
Vitamins and minerals for mouth ulcers
The main vitamins that can prevent the occurrence or recurrence of ulcers of the mouth are:
- Vitamin E: The intake of food with this vitamin protects cell membranes from oxidation by protecting its fatty acids. A lack of this vitamin appears to be the reason for degenerative changes in the cells of some tissues. Vegetable, specially green vegetables, are the richest foods in this vitamin. Supplements of this vitamin Can be take for the same purpose. They are usually taken in doses of 400 to 800 IU daily.
- Vitamin B: It can be obtained from whole grains (wheat, oats, barley, etc.) Nuts also contain a lot of vitamin B but they are not recommended (hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts) and vegetables (cabbage, cauliflower, spinach, radishes, endive, radishes, lettuce...)
Tips to treat mouth ulcers
For the temporary relief of mouth sores the following methods are effective:
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.