LIST OF FOODS WITH A LOT OF ARGININE
Foods that contain more arginine concentration are:
*Animal foods rich in arginine
- Veal liver.
- Processed foods (bologna, frankfurters, hamburgers, etc.)
- Meat (beef, lamb, chicken, etc.)
- Fish, shellfish and crustaceans and processed derivatives from them, such as surimi and the oil produced from fat fish.
- Milk and dairy products.
*Vegetable foods rich in arginine
Chocolate, gelatin and food supplements such as brewer’s yeast, are vegetable foods that contain a lot of this amino acid, although one of the foods with a higher content in l-arginine is sunflower seeds.
Photo of sunflower seeds, one of the richest vegetable in arginine.
- Carob seeds (used in food as a substitute for chocolate)
- Aloe vera
- Nuts (pine nuts, walnuts, cashews, etc.)
- Vegetables (Garlic, onions, asparagus, cabbage, chicory, cucumbers, lettuce)
- Fruits (bananas, peaches, raisins, coconut)
- Cereals (oats, brown rice, barley, corn)
* Related information:
List of amino acids in food
Essential amino acids
Nonessential amino acids
More information on amino acids.
19 August, 2022