- 1 Food that people with anemia should not eat
- 1.1 UNSUITABLE FOOD FOR ANEMIA
- 1.2 What foods or drinks are harmful to anemia?
- 1.3 Avoid drinking milk with iron-rich foods
- 1.4 Is tea and coffee good for anemia? Caffeine and tannins
- 1.5 Plants rich in tannins non suitable for anemia
- 1.6 Should we avoid drinking coffee with anemia?
- 1.7 Is fiber good for anemia?
Food that people with anemia should not eat
UNSUITABLE FOOD FOR ANEMIA
What foods or drinks are harmful to anemia?
There are certain foods that are not advisable for anemia because they interfere in the absorption of iron, unlike other foods, such as guava, which favor the absorption of iron for its richness in vitamin C.
Avoid drinking milk with iron-rich foods
It is better to drink milk outside of meals.
Is tea and coffee good for anemia? Caffeine and tannins
Photo of coffee with milk
Tannins are substances that block the absorption of this mineral.
Therefore, to assimilate this mineral well, you should not mix tea with iron-rich foods.
Plants rich in tannins non suitable for anemia
Should we avoid drinking coffee with anemia?
To prevent anemia, all these foods should not be banned from the diet, but simply not to combine tannin-rich foods with iron supplements or with iron-rich foods in the same food.
If low iron levels are present, avoid the consumption of these infusions with iron supplements and during meals .It is best to let an hour pass after eating before drinking preparations with these plant foods.
Is fiber good for anemia?
With regard to whole grains, some nutritionists believe that these foods, although they are rich in iron, contain fibers and phytates, which inhibit the absorption of iron. Although they can inhibit some iron, they contribute a lot of folic acid and vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) so, you should not stop eating them.
It is recommended to take whole foods in moderate doses and accompany them with foods with a lot of iron, vitamin B12 and vitamin C, without forgetting that there are some very nutritious whole grains, called legumes.
It is recommended to eat legumes at least 3 times a week.
* Go on reading:
- Anemia rich iron food
- Food with vitamins for anemia
- Types of iron for anemia
- Is it enough to eat iron-rich food to avoid anemia?
- Tea and coffee for anemia
- Beet for anemia
More information on anemia.
7 April, 2021