List of foods containing chromium
What is chromium?
Chromium (Cr) is an essential mineral for our organism in small amounts, that is to say, it belongs to the group of trace elements.
Maize contains a lot of chromium
What is cromium for?
Although low amounts of this element are needed, chromium has very important functions in the body.
- It participates directly in the regulation of blood glucose levels and its metabolism.
- It also interferes with the metabolism of fats.
- Its role in blood clotting is also very important.
Chromium-rich vegetable foods
- Vegetables such as spinach, broccoli, watercress, lettuce, green pepper, onion
- Tubers like potatoes
- Whole grains such as barley
- Farinaceous foods like corn
- Fruits like apple or grapes
- Nuts such as walnuts
- Some mushrooms
- Vegetable oils like olive oil
- Black pepper
Spinach are rich in chromium
Supplements rich in chromium
Among the supplements rich in chromium, we have the following:
Chromium-rich animal foods
Among foods of animal origin rich in chromium we have:
- Meat (chicken, beef, etc.)
- Viscera (liver)
- Seafood, especially oysters
- Milk and dairy products (especially butter)
More information on chromium and minerals
22 December, 2021