What is aloe vera gel good for?
PROPERTIES AND PRODUCTION OF ALOE VERA GEL
What is aloe vera gel?
ALOE VERA GEL is a transparent and gelatinous juice extracted from the pulp of the leaves of aloe (Aloe vera).
This liquid is very thick and sticky, due to the richness of mucilages.
Aloe gel properties for external use
Main properties of aloe vera gel
- Aloe gel is used primarily to treat skin conditions.
- This liquid softens, moisturizes and helps restore damaged skin.
- It can be used for all skin types and all body parts.
- It is especially useful as a moisturizer for acne, acne marks, pimples, eczema, skin blemishes and wrinkles that appear specially in dry skin.
- The cream of aloe vera is useful as aftershave after shaving or plucking.
- It relieves pain and swelling caused by insect bites, bruises and minor wounds.
- It is very useful to help moisturize and repair skin that has suffered simple burns .
Picture of how aloe vera gel is extracted
Picture of how aloe vera is applied to the skin burns.
Photograph of a cut of aloe leaf.
What does aloe vera gel contain?
- This gel mainly contains aloeferon, anthraquinone and acemannan. Aloeferon is attributed to adequate cell multiplication properties, thereby increasing the rate of healing of the skin.
- Anthraquinone has antiseptic properties making it suitable to prevent skin infections.
- Acemannan helps boost immunity so it is suitable for fighting bacteria, fungi and viruses.
- It also contains another anti ulceric components such as glutamine, glycine, histidine, beta carotene and zinc.
Aloe gel properties for internal use
- For internal use aloe gel is suitable to treat gastritis and gastric ulcer. For its wealth of mucilage, this gel coats the gastric mucosa, softening it, which protects it and reduces acidity.
Getting aloe gel
There are many aloe vera creams in the market that can be purchased in beauty shops, pharmacies or health food stores.
However, some people prefer to make their own creams.
Then let the recipe on:
5 July, 2019