- 1 Chocolate dolls recipe
- 1.1 RECIPE OF FRUIT AND CHOCOLATE DOLLS
- 1.2 How to make healthy chocolate sweeties
- 1.3 Use black chocolate
- 1.4 Ingredients for making sweeties for boys and girls
- 1.5 Preparation of chocolate shapes
- 1.6 Manufacture of chocolate shapes
- 1.7 Cool it to solidify chocolate
- 1.8 Step by Step chocolate doll recipe:
- 1.9 Variations of the recipe: chocolate dipped fruits…
- 1.10 Recipe comments
Chocolate dolls recipe
RECIPE OF FRUIT AND CHOCOLATE DOLLS
How to make healthy chocolate sweeties
The following recipe shows how to prepare chocolate sweeties, such as chocolate dolls, with natural and nutritious ingredients. It can be served as a special dessert, in celebrations, children ‘s parties, etc.
It is an ideal recipe to prepare with children, since it accepts many variations, open to the imagination.
It can be adapted to all tastes, preparing the dessert with different fruits, in the form of skewers, or simply fruit bathed in chocolate.
Use black chocolate
To make a healthy dessert you must buy a dark chocolate with a high percentage of pure cocoa.
Black chocolate is the one with the least added sugars and the higher amount of antioxidants and flavonoids naturally present in cocoa.
It is a delicious recipe, easy and quick to prepare, nutritious, with natural and healthy ingredients. It also has a very simple elaboration.
A suggestion of how to prepare chocolate dolls (A recipe made by children)
Ingredients for making sweeties for boys and girls
- Peeled and cut fruits
- 100g of chocolate, with 70% cocoa or higher
- 30g of cocoa butter (2 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil or butter may also be used)
- One teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- To make the eyes of the dolls: almonds, pine nuts, hazelnuts,…
The first step of the recipe will be to bathe the fruit in the molten chocolate to make some fruit chocolates
Preparation of chocolate shapes
The process for making chocolate shapes is very simple:
- Melt the chocolate with the cocoa butter to the bain Marie. Add a teaspoon of cinnamon powder at the end.
- Prepare the fruit: wash, peel and cut into large or small pieces, as desired. Some fruits, such as figs or cherries, do not need to be cut and can be bathed whole.
- Prepare a dish with greaseproof paper, which is where the chocolate dolls will be placed.
Manufacture of chocolate shapes
- Bathe the fruits in the molten chocolate and arrange them in the dish, putting them somewhat apart so that they do not stick together. It is better to do it with a fork than with a spoon, as this will drain some of the chocolate.
- Fruits that can be used: strawberries, bananas, apples, mandarins, oranges, etc.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, and before the chocolate solidifies completely, decorate the chocolate dolls (with the chocolate in the middle of the chill, the complements will stick better).
- Place the eyes, nose, or whatever you want. This recipe admits many variations. For example, you can place a pink pepper to look like a clown nose, coconut leaves in the eyes, a bird beak made with a carrot, etc.
Childlike dessert in the shape of dolls with fruits (apple, banana, tangerine and orange) bathed with chocolate. The “eyes” have been done with almonds painted with the same black chocolate used for the cover (with the help of the tip of the fork).
Cool it to solidify chocolate
Cool in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes and keep in a cool place. Do not freeze the fruit, as it would be very hard, brittle and unpalatable. (Only the chocolates or truffles containing eggs, nuts or greases must be frozen, because they thaw before and their texture becomes creamy,.
Children’s desserts to take away
Step by Step chocolate doll recipe:
Homemade chocolate shapes (“chocolates”), with natural ingredients (fruit bathed in pure chocolate):
Step by step recipe: chocolate dolls for children with natural ingredients. Without flours (no gluten), without dairy products (or lactose). For adults it can become a quick dessert, to make chocolates, nuts skewers, etc. Very easy and fast to elaborate.
Variations of the recipe: chocolate dipped fruits…
With figs you can make monstrous Halloween dolls: it is prepared as it has been explained before. Later, a mouth can be opened so that the inside of the fruit will be seen. A clove may be a screw on the head of this fig-Frankenstein.
With strawberries you can make little Santa Claus hats or put on them decorative motifs made with crafts (angel wings, king ‘s crown, etc.) to prepare delicious Christmas desserts.
A less childish possibility would be to decorate the chocolates with dried fruit and / or nuts (raisins, cashews, almonds, pine nuts, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, dates, etc.), or prepare skewers and arrange them decoratively on a glass platter.
It consists of a very simple and easy to prepare recipe, ideal for children workshops , but also for adults who wish to enjoy the pleasure of eating natural chocolates, with more nutritious ingredients and with fewer calories than any industrial or pastry option.
Recipe suitable for vegans and vegetarians. Free from most allergens, since no dairy, egg or flour is used (it’s a gluten-free dessert).
More recipes and information on cocoa and chocolate
18 December, 2021