LIST OF FOODS WITH A LOT OF ASPARTIC ACID
Foods that contain a lot of aspartic acid are the following:
* Meat products with a lot of aspartic acid
- Milk and dairy products, especially cheese and protein supplements made from milk powder (whey protein)
- Eggs, meat (chicken, pork, beef, etc)
- Fish (salmon, halibut, sardines, mackerel, etc.)
* Plant foods with aspartic acid
- Legumes:Especially beans, soy (tofu, tempeh, soymilk,…), lupins, chickpeas, lentils, peanuts (and peanut butter)
Photo of lupins: they are a very nutritious vegetable very little known, with a high content of amino acids.
- Nuts (walnuts, pistachios, almonds, chestnuts)
- Cereals (oats, corn)
- Seeds: sesame seeds (sesame paste, tahini),, sunflower seeds, pine nuts.
- Vegetables (asparagus, jicama (jícama), spinach, pumpkins, potatoes, carrots, eggplants, peppers, celery, lettuce, chicory, garlic, onions)
- Fruits: apricots, plums, oranges, pears, papayas, bananas, grapes, mangos, figs, apples, currants
* Related information:
List of amino acids in food
Essential amino acids
Nonessential amino acids
More information on amino acids.
3 August, 2021