List of food with a lot of sulfur
Among the foods with sulfur we will highlight:
Food of animal origin rich in sulfur
Plant-based foods rich in sulfur
The amounts within each group range from highest to lowest
Vegetables with a lot of sulfur: Vegetables are foods rich in sulfur.
Among the vegetables richest in sulfur we have foods that belong to plants of the family of the apiaceae or umbelliferae and foods that belong to plants of the family of the brasicaceae. No wonder the spicy taste of these foods that their sulfur compounds provide them.
Inside the apiaceas are foods such as dill, parsnips and parsley that have very high amounts. With lower percentages we have other foods from the same family as celery.
Other plant-based foods rich in sulfur
- Legumes: Soybeans are among the vegetables. Other legumes that contain smaller amounts are: broad beans, peas, lentils and beans.
- Fruits: Among the fruits, the ones that contain the most are mangoes, followed by grapefruits, currants, carambola, oranges, papayas, grapes, plums, pears, guavas, pomegranates, bananas and apples.
- Nuts: Among nuts, those containing more sulfur are cashews, followed by walnuts, pistachios, peanuts, hazelnuts,
- Seeds: In the group of seeds, sunflower seeds stand out.
- Cereals: The richest cereal is oats followed by wheat, corn, rice and barley
More information on sulfur
|Calcium, chlorine, phosphorus, magnesium, sodium, potassium||Copper, chromium, fluorine, iron, manganese, molybdenum, selenium, iodine, zinc.|
26 June, 2019