Herbal treatment of the cervical vertebrae pain
Phytotherapy: Medicinal plants for pain in the neck
You can use the following plant preparation to diminish pain in the neck:
Dry bark of willow to cure pain in the neck
- Willow: (Salix sp.) Because of its salicin content, the principle of aspirin. (Decoction of a pinch (2 gr.) from the dried bark per cup of water. Take two or three cups a day. Children from 410 years, half dose) Do not take if allergic to aspirin.
- Feverfew (Tanacetum parthenium) Rich in parthenolide to inhibit serotonin, a neurotransmitter responsible for carrying pain information to the brain. (Infusion of a spoonful of dry leaves. Take two cups a day) (See the leaflet of prepared capsules for dosing) Do not administer during pregnancy because it may be abortive
- Linden (Tilia sp) Very useful to eliminate neck pain that has an emotional origin (Infusion of flowering tops half teaspoon per cup of water. Take 3 cups a day) (Infusion of a spoonful of the mixture of dried flowers of linden, thyme and lemon balm)
Saint John’s wort flowers for pain in the neck
- St. John’s wort: (Hyperycum perforatum) It is a good remedy for sore body especially those caused by rheumatism, gout, arthritis, sciatica, low back pain… etc (Infusion of a flowering tops teaspoon in a cup of water a couple of times daily) Phototoxic plant. See Contraindications
- Rosemary: (Rosmarinus officinalis) Reduces slightly pains of menstruation and facilitates the discharge, avoiding collateral problems incurred as pains in the neck, head, back, stomach, etc. (Infusion of a spoonful of flowering tops. 2 cups per day)
External use preparations for neck pain
The following compresses, poultices, baths, etc are very effective for neck pain treatment:
- St. John’s wort: (Hyperycum perforatum) (Spray the neck with essential oil diluted in olive oil) (Sitz and foot baths with the resulting liquid of having the plant for 10 hours immersed in cold water. Strain and pour hot in the bathroom) Phototoxic plant. See Contraindications
Boldo leaves decoctions to prepare a boldo poultice for pain in the neck
- Boldo: (Peumus boldus) Boldo contains at least 6 myorelaxant or antispasmodic components, among them boldine (alkaloid), cineole and limonene (essential oils). myorelaxant substances are those that have the property of stretch out and to relieve the muscular pain. (To prepare compresses, plasters or poultices of boldo)
- Rosemary: (Rosmarinus officinalis), thyme (Thymus vulgaris) and sage (Salvia officinalis): Very useful as muscle relaxants in pain caused by stretching or straining too hard without prior preparation. (Rub the neck with a mixture of 10 drops of essential oil in two tablespoons of Olive oil. Do not drink the essential oil.) (Add 20 drops to bath water. Take a bath for 15 or 20 minutes) (Add to bath water the infusion of 3 tablespoons of dried plant in a liter of water. Take a bath for 15 to 20 minutes)
- Mint, peppermint: (Mentha piperita, Mentha rotundifolia) (Apply a compress soaked with the decoction of leaves and flowers on the neck.) (poultice of leaves soaked in hot water to be applied directly over the painful area.)
Capsaicin to treat pain
From cayenne pepper, we produce capsaicin, an ingredient of many creams used to treat pean
Even more interesting is the use of capsaicin, extracted from cayenne pepper to the external treatment of pain. (Creams or ointments should be applied two or three times a day and a few days are required to see the positive effects. If you do not improve within a few weeks or even notice a deterioration, one must leave the treatment)
Bromelain from pineapple, ideal for the treatment of ligaments
Bromelain from pineapple has antiinflammatory properties making it useful to reduce the pain.
Eating pineapple is a common feature among all the athlete to prevent inflammation of the tendons (tendinitis) or synovial sacs (bursitis) The habit of adding pineapple to salads, mixed possibly with papaya also contains bromelain, help to overcome joint pain, not only of athletes but of all people in general.
Back problems, sprains or dislocations may be less painful and heal before with a good diet rich in pineapple.
More information on cervical pain.
TABLE OF COMMON PAINS
|Muscles and sinews|
|Muscular atrophy||Bones and joints|
|Spasms/ache/cramps||Back or spine ache|
|Muscle pain||Neck pain|
|Stomach ache||Period pains|
6 April, 2020