DIET FOR PRESBYOPIA
Nutrition for presbyopia
The proper diet can be very suitable for the natural treatment of presbyopia.
This diet has antioxidant properties and helps eliminate free radicals that can harm your eyes health. It can have an important role in keeping the ciliary muscles in good condition.
Suitable food for presbyopia
In the treatment of presbyopia it is recommended eating foods rich in the following components:
- Vitamin B1 or thiamine for presbyopia : The intake of foods rich in thiamine may be beneficial for these patients. Plant foods rich in thiamine are: nuts (almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, peanuts, etc.). Whole grain cereals and products (oats, rice, wheat, corn, barley, wheat germ, wholemeal bread, etc.). Dry beans, soybeans and other vegetables, such as oranges, potatoes, cabbage, asparagus, raisins, etc.
- Vitamin A for presbyopia: Vitamin A is needed for seeing well, especially to prevent night blindness which is the lack of vision in low light conditions. Deficiency of vitamin A may even cause this disease. Its antioxidant power is very interesting to keep your eyes in good condition, preventing diseases such as loss of vision, night blindness, glaucoma, cataracts,hypermetropia, presbyopia or myopia,. It also helps the eyes to overcome bacterial infections such as conjunctivitis.
Vitamin A rich foods are spinach, carrots, watercress, borage, basil, squash, tomatoes, coriander, asparagus, dandelion, peppers, watermelons, melons, sprouts, bananas, apples, plums, oranges, mangoes, etc.
- Vitamin C for presbyopia: In addition to its antioxidant properties, vitamin C is needed for the absorption of vitamin A. Its deficiency causes a weakness in the capillaries. Vitamin C deficiency makes swollen or injured eyes more difficult to recover.
Citrus fruits (oranges, lemons, grapefruits, limes, tangerines, etc.) are very rich. Other plants that contain a lot of this vitamin are: cauliflower, radishes, brussels sprouts, spinach, bananas, apples, melons, watermelons, carrots, pineapples, pears, papayas, barley, garlic, blackberries, celery, peas, strawberries, raspberries, currants, blueberries, grapes, celery, figs, beans, chicory, cranberries, potatoes, avocados, soybeans, custard apples, mangoes, pomegranates, coconuts, etc.
- High- zinc containing food for presbyopia: Zinc is necessary for good vision, since it helps the absorption of other components needed for the eyes, such as vitamin A. Milk derivatives, such as cheese or yogurt, are very rich in this mineral. We can also find it in red meats.
- High-calcium containing food for presbyopia: Calcium deficiency may be responsible for stress that can explain some cases of presbyopia or worsen its symptoms. Legumes contain plenty of calcium. The main animal source of calcium is milk and dairy products (mainly cheese and yogurt). Low-fat dairy products are the best because they contain less fat and more calcium. Moreover, most dairy products are now fortified with calcium. The yogurt is richer than milk
Other foods with a high calcium content are whole grains, particularly oats, or nuts, especially almonds. (Almond milk has more than twice calcium than cow milk)
- High-magnesium and phosphorous containing food for presbyopia: They are very useful because they aid to absorb calcium. Beans, spinach, purslane, or wheat germ are rich in magnesium. Milk and dairy products, fish, egg and chicken are good sources of animal food containing phosphorous. Whole grains or whole bread, lentils or almonds contain a lot of this mineral among the plant foods.
Among the main vegetable food we can distinguish celery, asparagus, borage, figs, potatoes, eggplant, etc.
More information about presbyopia and its natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.