Home remedies for obesity
Home remedies for obesity
NATURAL TREATMENT FOR OBESITY
What is the best remedy to treat obesity and overweight?
Medicinal plants and herbs to lose weight
The natural treatment of obesity consists in the use of a series of remedies with plants and foods whose function will consist of:
- Diuretic plants for the elimination of body fluids by stimulating renal function. Diuretic plants, which increase urine to remove more fats, will be indicated.
- Depurative plants, with components that increase the fat burning or fat metabolism.
- Fiber rich foods: It has been proven that fiber-rich foods, taken regularly, help to eliminate fat and lower cholesterol.
- Food supplements, supplements with properties to burn fat.
Some of the herbs used for the treatment of obesity.
The plants used help to lose fat when accompanied by a diet to lose weight.
Plant preparations for obesity. Phytotherapy
Plant preparations with diuretic plants are the most indicated remedies for the elimination of exceeding body fluids. Diuretic plants act by means of the stimulation of renal function. Diuretic plants are those that increase the flow of urine. Among the most significant ones we can mention:
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) (Decoction for 1 / 4 hours of a handful of dried roots and leaves in half liter of water. Take a cup before each meal.) (Salad of fresh leaves)
Dandelion leaves and roots are very diuretic, so they can serve to combar obesity
- Cabbage: (Brassica oleracea) (Decoction for half an hour of a mixture of tender leaves of cabbage, tender onion and tender celery. Drink the broth at discretion several times a day)
- Field horsetail (Equisetum arvense) (decoction for 30 minutes of 100 g. of the dry plant per liter of water. Take a couple of cups a day) (2 tablespoons of fresh juice diluted in water per day) (3 grams of fluid extract daily. It is sold in pharmacies and herbalists)
Being a plant with so powerful diuretic properties, its use could cause problems in blood pressure, so we recommend checking with your doctor beforehand. It should not be used during pregnancy or lactation.
Field horsetail is one of the most diuretic plants
- Tamarind (Tamarindus indica) (take 20 to 40g. tamarind pulp diluted in water up to 3 times daily.)
- Chicory (Cichorium intybus) (Decoction of 30 g. of crushed dried roots in a liter of water. A couple of cups a day)
- Guarana: (Paullina cupana) Scientific studies have concluded guarana is beneficial to suppress appetite
- Guanabana or soursop (Annona muricata) With diuretic properties. People with obesity can take it to help eliminate toxins from the body.
- Lime: (Citrus aurantifolia) (Take lime juice 2 times a day)
- Spanish broom : (Spartium junceum) (Infusion of half a teaspoon of dried flowers per cup of water. Cool and have a cup a day. Do not exceed the dose because at higher doses it is toxic !) (See toxicity details)
- Parsley: (Petroselinum crispum) (Take 3 spoonfuls of juice a day, obtained when mashing the plant or buy it in a specialized store) (See toxicity details in the complete study of the plant)
- Meadowsweet (Filipendula ulmaria) (Infusion of 2 teaspoons of leaves twice a day. Do not reach boiling)
Meadowsweet flowers still in bloom
- Borage (Borago officinalis) (Infusion for 30 minutes of 15 gr. of dry leaves. Drink a cup after the main meals) (Eat the tender leaves boiled as a vegetable) (See toxicity in the complete study of the plant)
- Birch (Betula Alba) (5 minutes decoction of 50 g. of bark per liter of water. Drink 6 tablespoons a day.)
- Field eryngo: (Eryngium campestre) (decoction of 50 g. of dried roots per liter of water. Take 3 cups a day)
- Fumitory (Fumaria officinalis) Its potassium wealth confers it the property to increase the urine production, reason why it is very suitable in cases of obesity (Infusion of 40 gr. of dry flowers by ¾ of liter of water. Drink 2 cups every day during one week)
Dry flowers of fumitory are suitable for obesity
- Onion (Alium cepa) (Eating raw onions in salads or cooked in broth) (Blend 150 g. of onion and mix it with twice of dry white wine. Add 75 g. Honey. Take 4 tablespoons daily)
- Cherry tree (Prunus avium) (Eat ripe fruits between meals) (decoction for 1 / 4 hours of 50 g. of dry peduncles per liter of water. 3 cups per day)
Eating cherries or drinking the liquid resulting from an infusion of fruit peduncles, will help us to lose weight
- Strawberry: (Fragaria vesca) (45 minutes infusion of two teaspoons of dried rhizomes and leaves per cup of water. 4 cups per day)
- Fennel: (Foeniculm officinale) (Decoction for 15 minutes of 25 g. off dried roots per liter of water. Take 3 cups a day.
- Agave (Agave americana) (Infusion of 5 tablespoons of dried leaves per liter of water. Take four cups with a little honey.)
- kinnikinnick/ bearberry /Pinemat manzanita: (Arctostaphylos uva-ursi) (Infusion of four spoonfuls of dry leaves in a liter of water. Take 3 glasses a day). it seems that flavonoids grant it this property)
- Broad Bean (Vicia faba) (decoction of 10 g. of dried flowers in 1 / 4 of a liter of water. Drink the amount you want) or eat its tender pods.
- Sweet bay (Laurus nobilis) (Infusion of a pair of leaves in a cup of water for 10 minutes. 4 cups per day)
- Corn (Zea mays) (Infusion of 5o g per liter of corn beards for 10 minutes. 4 cups per day)
Nettle infusions make us get rid of a lot of water
- Upright pellitory/ Pellitory-of-the-wall (Parietaria officinalis) (Two to three infusions per day of a couple of tablespoons of dried leaves per liter of water can be used in diseases in which it is useful to remove fluid from the body (this remedy may be replaced by tincture. In this case took 40 drops daily into three daily doses diluted in water)
- Sage (Salvia officinalis) (Infusion of a spoonful of dried plant per cup of water. 4 cups per day.)
- Wild teasel (Dipsacus fullonum) (Three cups a day with the infusion of 30 g. of root per liter of water. Pour water on the root and let it rest 15 minutes)
Foods to lose fat
Diet plays a key role in losing fat. In addition to a balanced diet, there are a series of highly cleansing foods that are advisable to introduce to a diet to lose fat, among which are:
- Asparagus (Asparagus officinalis): Asparagus are very diuretic and highly nutritious vegetables, because of their high content of vitamins and minerals. They are especially recommended in cases of fluid retention, heart problems, sedentary work, rheumatism, obesity, arthritis, etc. (Eat steamed asparagus, boiled or in vegetable creams)
- Artichoke (Cynara scolymus): Vegetable with diuretic and depurative properties, high fiber content and regenerative effects of the liver. (Eat steamed, boiled, or pureed artichokes)
- Garlic (Allium sativum): Garlic is a good diuretic food. It favors the elimination of body fluids, being very suitable in cases of rheumatism, obesity, edema, etc. (Take garlic regularly in food)
- Watercress (Nasturtium officinale) (Eat in fresh salads)
- Celery (Apium graveolens): This vegetable is one of the main diuretics for its richness in essential oils. (Take celery juice) (Masticate the celery trunk) (Add celery leaves to the salads).
- Rice (Oryza sativa) A balanced diet with brown rice helps reduce weight.
Supplements for obesity and fat burners
- Glucomannan: Glucomannan is a type of soluble fiber, since it has a great capacity to capture water and hydrate, forming a viscous gel., Providing a sensation of satiety to those who take it. (Capsules or powder: take between 500 and 1,500mg of glucomannan, at least 30 minutes before meals, with 2 glasses of water.)
- Garcinia cambogia (Garcinia cambogia): It has been revealed as one of the main fat burners in recent years. (Tablets or capsules before meals)
- Fucus: (Fucus vesiculosus) Traditionally this plant has been used as a supplement for weight loss treatments. Do not forget that, by stimulating the thyroid, the metabolism increases so that the person concerned of overweight "burn more fat" and get a weight reduction.
- Guarana (Paullinia cupana) (Take medicinal preparations)
- Spirulina (Spirulina spp.) Its richness of fiber, especially mucilages causes a great satiety reason why it is used as a dietary supplement in weight loss diets. It is this sense spirulina supplements, administered under the terms of the patient information leaflet, can help fight obesity.
- Psyllium or ispagula (Plantago ovata) The soluble fiber of the ispagula is able to delay the absorption of carbohydrates and fats in the intestine (Take from one to four tablespoons a day of psyllium seeds distributed in 3 or 4 shots)
Psyllium seeds hydrated overnight. Around each seed an aqueous gel has appeared (mucilage captures water forming a gel)
Natural and alternative therapies for weight loss
* Lymphatic drainage to lose fat
Lymphatic drainage alone will not work against obesity, but specifically in people who along with obesity present cellulite, regular practice of manual lymphatic drainage sessions will be of great help.
Lymphatic drainage helps to decrease the volume and drain the fluid accumulated in the body.
Essential oils for obesity
In aromatherapy, essential oil of geranium or essential oil of incense, for its diuretic properties, are suitable for the treatment of obesity.
Homeopathic remedies for obesity
Homeopathy has different homeopathic remedies to regulate appetite.
More information about obesity natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.