NUTRITIONAL PROPERTIES OF CURRY SAUCE WITH TURMERIC
Suggested recipe: Brown rice with coconut sauce, cashews and curry. Served with vegetables.
What are the benefits o curry sauce with turmeric?
Curry sauce is prepared with a sauce of vegetables, coconut sauce, cashews, spices and herbs. It is used to flavor rice dishes, pasta, vegetables, fish or meats.
It is a very tasty and energetic sauce, with a very characteristic flavor due to the coconut milk.
Also a very healthy sauce because it contains natural ingredients: Coconut milk and cashews are rich in minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, selenium and chromium.
Turmeric gives a very attractive touch, being in addition digestive, liver-protective and antioxidant.
Onion and parsley, in addition to providing flavor, have diuretic properties.
Ingredients to prepare curry sauce
- 250 ml. coconut milk
- 1 cup raw cashews can be used roasted or salted cashews. It can also be prepared with peanuts. Do not use fried nuts.
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons turmeric (There are many types of curry that can be used. Turmeric gives a lot of color and has a mild taste that goes well with coconut milk.)
- Fresh parsley
- Optional: This sauce is basic, with few ingredients and a mild flavor. You can add more vegetables (peppers, artichokes, etc.) and spices such as pepper, mace, ginger, nutmeg, cumin, etc.
Photo of chopped cashews with parsley
Preparing curry sauce
- Soak cashews in a glass of water for 20 minutes to hydrate and lose excessive salt (if purchased salted).
- At that time you can start preparing brown rice, pasta, quinoa, vegetables or main dish to accompany the curry sauce.
- Cut the onion into cubes.
- In a pan, fry the onion with oil and a pinch of salt over medium heat.
- In parallel, cut into strips and chop parsley with cashews with parsley.
- Add the coconut milk and cashews with the fried onion parsley. Cook for 1015 minutes over low heat.
- The last 5 minutes of cooking, add 2 tablespoons turmeric and stir well until mixed completely. It is added at the last minute, and kept at low heat so not to spoil the medicinal components of turmeric.
- The remaining sauce has lumpy texture. Optionally it can be crushed to form a smooth sauce.
- Serve over rice, vegetable dishes, pasta, etc. It is recommended to accompany dishes rich in proteins such as tofu, seitan, cheese or eggs.
- Optionally you can add boiled or steamed vegetables and gratin in the oven.
More information about turmeric recipes and properties.
1 August, 2022