- 1 Nutrition for baldness
- 1.1 What foods to eat to have your hair healthier
- 1.2 Foods containing interesting minerals for baldness treatment
- 1.3 Food and hair loss
- 1.4 Foods containing suitable vitamins for baldness treatment
- 1.5 Foods rich in vitamin B
- 1.6 Foods rich in vitamin B7 or biotin
- 1.7 Foods containing proteins for baldness treatment
Nutrition for baldness
What foods to eat to have your hair healthier
Adequate diet, rich in natural foods can provide those nutrients necessary for healthy hair. Top foods to prevent baldness include the following:
Foods containing interesting minerals for baldness treatment
Some minerals can be very adequate to prevent hair loss. Among the more interesting ones, we can point out zinc, copper, iron and silica.
Food and hair loss
- Foods rich in zinc: Its anti-alopecic properties derive from its antioxidant properties. Foods rich in zinc are: celery, strawberries, asparagus, borage, figs, potatoes, bananas, eggplants, etc.
- Foods rich in copper: In addition to protecting your hair, copper strengthens the immune system and it is very necessary for the growth of infants and is involved in the formation of hemoglobin in the blood. Among the good sources of this mineral we have nuts, such as hazelnuts or walnuts, or legumes, such as soy.
- Foods rich in iron: Among these we would have: celery, corn, nuts, peas, spinach, chicory, carrots and cucumbers.
- Foods rich in silica: Such as rice (we should eat whole rice) or mango.
Foods containing suitable vitamins for baldness treatment
Consuming certain foods can provide suitable vitamins for our hair. The most important ones are the following:
- Foods rich in pyridoxine: The lack of this vitamin is a cause of seborrheic dermatitis (scaly and oily skin) loss of hair, skin rashes, etc. Avocado, wheat, oats or corn are very good sources of this vitamin.
- Foods rich in vitamin C: For their antioxidant properties they are very useful to keep your hair in good condition. Acerola is the richest fruit in this vitamin. Among the foods containing this vitamin we can distinguish citrus fruits (oranges, lemons or grapefruits,) peppers; dark green leafy vegetables like cabbage or broccoli.
Other plants that contain vitamin C include cauliflowers, radishes, brussels sprouts, spinach, bananas, apples, melons, watermelons, carrots, pineapples, pears, papayas, barley, garlic, berries, celery, peas, strawberries, grapes, figs, beans,
chicory, blueberries, potatoes, avocados, soybeans, cherimoyas, pomegranates, coconuts, etc
Foods rich in vitamin B
Vitamin B is primordial to your nerves health. Foods containing this vitamin can prevent stress and anxiety, which are important factors that can contribute to hair loss.
Whole cereals are especially rich among plant foods containing this vitamin. (Rice, wheat, oats, etc.). Other foods are legumes (soy, peas, broad beans, lentils or dried beans, etc.) or nuts. (walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, etc.)
Foods rich in vitamin B7 or biotin
Among all vitamins of B-group, we have to distinguish biotin (Vitamin B7) that is very important for the proper growth of hair and nails and for skin health. The lack of this vitamin may cause hair loss. The main source is meat. It is especially present in egg yolk, liver and viscera in general.
The richest plant sources of biotin include brewer’s yeast, mushrooms, peanut butter and whole grains or their derivatives (rice, oats, wheat, flour, etc. Bread, pasta, wheat germ, etc.). Other plants such as soybeans, peas, chickpeas or nuts contain a lot of this vitamin.
Foods containing proteins for baldness treatment
Proteins are necessary for hair formation. A protein-poor diet may increase the risk of hair loss because of lack of hair regeneration.
Animal food, such as meat, fish, liver milk or milk products and eggs are rich in proteins. For those not wishing to eat animal foods, a good way to ingest proteins is to eat a lot or nuts, legumes or cereals.
*Related information: Betalains of Dragon fruit for capillary fragility
More information about baldness
12 June, 2021