List of foods high in histidine
What foods contain a lot of histidine?
LIST OF FOODS WITH A LOT OF HISTIDINE
Foods that contain histidine are the following:
* Meat products rich in histidine
- Milk and dairy products, especially cheese and protein supplements made from milk powder (whey protein)
- Eggs, meat (chicken, pork, beef, etc)
- Fish (salmon, halibut, sardines, mackerel, etc.)
* Plant foods rich in histidine
Chickpeas are rich in histidine
Among the richest plant sources of histidine , we have to include:
- Legumes: peas, beans, carob, soy (tofu, tempeh, soymilk,...), lupins, chickpeas, lentils, peanuts (and peanut butter), fenugreek)
- Nuts: sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds, pine nuts, sesame seeds (sesame paste, tahini), etc.
- Taro (Colocasia esculenta)
- Cereals (wheat, barley, oats, rice) and cereal products (flour, bread, wheat germ, seitan, etc)
To a lesser extent:
- Vegetables: cauliflower, chayote, eggplant, tomato, okra, zucchini, asparagus, peppers, cucumbers, squash, onions, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, watercress, spinach,...
- Fruits: Tangerines, apricots, strawberries, oranges, Papayas, bananas, guavas, pineapples, etc.
* Related information:
- Properties of proteins
- Proteins formation
- Proteins function
- Daily proteins needs
- Vegetal proteins
- How to combine vegetable proteins
List of amino acids in food
Essential amino acids
Nonessential amino acids
Phenylalanine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Threonine, Tryptophan, Valine
Aspartic acid, Glutaminic acid, Alanine, Arginine, Cysteine, Cystine, Glycine, Hydroxyproline, Proline, Serine, Tyrosine
More information on amino acids.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.