Foods that contain a lot of asparagine
Among the foods that contain asparagine are the following:
Food of animal origin with lot of asparagine
- Fish (Salmon, grouper, sardine, mackerel, etc.)
- Meat (chicken, pork, veal, etc.)
- Milk and dairy products, especially cheese and protein supplements made with milk powder (whey protein)
Plant-based food with asparagine
Among the vegetable sources rich in asparagine, include:
- Legumes: lupins, beans, soybeans, peanuts, lentils, chickpeas, fenugreek, peas, …
- Licorice (root)
- Vegetables: comfrey (root), marshmallow (root), ginger (rhizome), potatoes, asparagus, garlic, onions, celery, peppers, coffee, etc.
- Nuts: Walnuts, pistachios, almonds, chestnuts
- Fruits: dates, oranges, pineapple, mandarin, grapefruit, tomatoes, apples, black currant, etc.
More information on asparagine and amino acids
5 August, 2021