Diet for ringing in the ear
Nutrition for tinnitus
Many experiments have been conducted in people who have been subjected to high-fat animal diets in comparison with other taking very small amounts of these kind of fats. It has been shown that those who ate little animal fat had less trouble hearing, presenting minor hearing loss, tinnitus or even a lower frequency of ear infections, such as inner an outer otitis.
Suitable foods for tinnitus or ringing in the ear
Among the main food for the treatment of tinnitus include the following:
- Foods rich in vitamin B for tinnitus: whole cereals (wheat, oats, barley, etc.), nuts (hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts) vegetables (cabbage, cauliflower, spinach, radishes, endive, lettuce...) yeast, etc.
- Foods rich in vitamin C for tinnitus: oranges, lemons, peppers, cauliflowers, radishes, Brussels sprouts, spinach, bananas, apples, melons, watermelons, carrots, pineapples, pears, papayas, barley, garlic, berries, celery, peas, strawberries, grapes, figs, beans, chicory, blueberries, potatoes, avocados, soybeans, cherimoyas, pomegranates, coconuts, etc.
- Foods rich in vitamin A for tinnitus: carrots, purslane, spinach, watercress, borage, squash, tomatoes, coriander, asparagus, dandelion, peppers, watermelon, melon, brussels sprouts, bananas, apples, plums, oranges, raspberries, mangos, beans, etc.
- Foods rich in zing for tinnitus: spinach, celery, asparagus, borage, figs, potatoes, eggplants, cucumbers, Brussels sprouts, etc.
- Potassium-rich foods for tinnitus: Especially bananas, nuts or potatoes, etc.
Non-suitable foods for tinnitus or ringing in the ear
Among the non-recommended food for the treatment of tinnitus we can especially include the following:
- High-fat food: It is very important to minimize food containing fats because they promote obesity.
Fatty meat, butter, whole milk and whole dairy products (cheese, creams, yogurts, curdles etc) should be replaced by other protein sources such as legumes and nuts.
(More information about obesity diet)
Vegetable oils such as olive oil, sunflower oil and rapeseed oils will replace animal fats in the kitchen. If you do not want to dispense altogether with the meat, it is best to eat lean meat such as chicken, or use blue fish (sardines, mackerel, salmon, tuna, etc.).
Blue fish is very rich in omega 3 fatty acids which reduce the level of bad cholesterol (LDL) and increase the level of "good" cholesterol (HDL), so that they can thin the blood.
(For more information on cholesterol diet, and low-fat diet)
They are more difficult to chew and this need for greater chewing causes more movement in the area of the ear which prevents earwax compaction, which can be the reason for numerous auditory abnormalities, such as loss of hearing, wax earplugs or tinnitus.
- Toxic substances : The consumption of toxic substances like alcohol, tobacco, may aggravate this anomaly that improves when we stop eating these products.
More information about tinnitus and its natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.