List of foods high in valine
LIST OF FOODS WITH A LOT OF VALINE
Foods that contain valine are the following:
* Meat products rich in valine
- Milk and dairy products, especially cheese and protein supplements made from milk powder (whey protein)
- Eggs, meat (chicken, pork, beef, etc)
- Fish (salmon, halibut, sardines, mackerel, etc.)
* Plant foods rich in valine
Among the richest plant sources of valine, we have to include:
- Legumes: peas, beans, carob, soy (tofu, tempeh, soymilk,...), lupins, chickpeas, lentils, peanuts (and peanut butter), fenugreek)
- Nuts: sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds, pine nuts, sesame seeds (sesame paste, tahini), etc.
- Taro (Colocasia esculenta)
- Cereals (wheat, barley, oats, rice) and cereal products (flour, bread, wheat germ, seitan, etc)
To a lesser extent:
- Vegetables: cauliflower, chayote, okra, zucchini, asparagus, peppers, cucumbers, squash, onions, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, watercress, aloe vera, spinach,...
- Fruits: Papayas, bananas, guavas, pineapples, etc.
* Related information:
- Properties of proteins
- Proteins formation
- Proteins function
- Daily proteins needs
- Vegetal proteins
- How to combine vegetable proteins
List of amino acids in food
Essential amino acids
Nonessential amino acids
Phenylalanine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Threonine, Tryptophan, Valine
Aspartic acid, Glutaminic acid, Alanine, Arginine, Cysteine, Cystine, Glycine, Hydroxyproline, Proline, Serine, Tyrosine
More information on amino acids in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.