Which foods are rich in magnesium?
Vegetarian foods rich in magnessium
The richest foos in magnesium are seeds and nuts.
Of all the plant foods, which ones contain more magnesium?
Sorted from high to low magnesium content, we will include the following:
- Nuts and seeds: Pumpkin seeds, ground flax seeds, Brazil nuts, sesame seeds, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, cashews, almonds, pine nuts, hazelnuts, walnuts, macadamias, pistachios.
- Pulses (lentils, chickpeas, beans, etc.)
- Vegetables: broccoli, seaweed, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, purslane, artichokes, turnip greens, dandelion, mushrooms,…
What other foods contain a lot of magnesium?
Other foods rich in magnesium that can not be missed in the diet are:
- Whole grains: brown rice, millet, quinoa, buckwheat, etc.
- Tubers: potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, Jerusalem artichokes, etc.
What is the fruit that contains more magnesium?
Bananas are the richest food in magnesium
Bananas are the richest fruit in magnesium, followed by tamarind, prickly pears, and dried fruit (dried figs, dates, apricots, prunes, etc.)
Do vegetable drinks contain magnesium?
Vegetable drinks with calcium, such as those from oatmeal or green soybeans (“soy milk” or “oat milk”), contain the same calcium than milk, and more magnesium
More information on magnesium
27 June, 2019